Discuss board change in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
this is the board change i said i was on with this morning:

board change Picture 004 - EletriciansForums.netthis is the intake arrangements for the 4 flats

board change Picture 011 - EletriciansForums.netgetting a Ze=0.09

board change Picture 006 - EletriciansForums.netthe existing 4 way BS3036 board

board change Picture 013 - EletriciansForums.netold board removed & finals broken out ready for IR and (R1 R2)

board change Picture 014 - EletriciansForums.net(R1 R2) at the furthest point on the lighting circuit=1.28

board change Picture 016 - EletriciansForums.netnew board going on

board change Picture 020 - EletriciansForums.netnew board straight & level minus cover

board change Picture 019 - EletriciansForums.neta closer look

board change Picture 018 - EletriciansForums.netall dead testing has been done....IR was good...the lowest came back at
18 meg with nothing borrowed/shared ...now ready for the cover to go on & energise....Zs & RCD then sticker up and clean any mess made before leaving....:wink:

Attachments

• board change Picture 004 - EletriciansForums.net
    Picture 004.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 324
Seriously, nice job by the look of it, but where's your hard hat lol
all my board changes look to at least the same standard as here....
its just that as i`m known for giving silly`s some stick in here i was invited to send a few pics in of my own standards...
as for the hard hat...i dont know where thats gone....i`l have to get another...
anyway, there were only 4 finals in there.....so its not getting conjested ...but i find generally its better to deal with the phases first then the CPCs and finaly you can start laying in the neutrals....this keeps it looking tidy....

But seriously, thanks for posting this, nice to try and show some of the lesser experienced guys how it should be done.
well a point i wanted to make of this was to always IR test finals first before introducing earth leakage devices into the mix...and of course always between neutrals....but as there was only one lighting circuit......
its usually shared on the upstairs landing point...but not always.....

see i didn`t know until this morning what the existing board was like and how many circuits there were...i thought it was a 6 way...until i got in there and saw it of course....
never mind....

I'm serious as well, will have to put a latest photo up haha, except I'm probably ten years older, and cooler of course hehe

For some reason i always pictured you as a thin wiry guy... lol!! I bet most picture me similar to your build, and probably bald too. How mistaken they would all be!! lol!!

Nice job Glenn, though it would have been better to have kept the bared conductor of the terminated cables to a minimum on the Neutral bar!!

board change {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Am I close with you then Trev lol ??

Reply to board change in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock