Discuss board getting warm in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

rayemery

Hi just installed new Mem3 TPN board for storage heating. Suprised to find board warming although clamp test shows only 80ish amps per phase on the brown and the grey. The black is unbalanced drawing only about 35ish is this the reason? Would welcome any advice please.
Thanks

The imbalance would increase neutral current but I would check all connections first, ESPECIALLY manufacturers!

If all the MCB's are loaded,which they will be if all the heaters are on,some heat will be generated.As long as all connections are tight and nothing is overloaded it may be quite normal.If there are enough spare ways it can help to swap breakers around to get as much air space around them rather than banking them all together......Another possibility is eddy currents if tails are run through separate entries.

Hi Guys sorry for late response, thanks for advice all connections tight, tails through one 50mm bush. There is some scope for breaking up the stack leaving some spares between breakers and will be trying this later in the week. Maybe there's no problem, it's the first experiance I have had of the new range and the build quality doesn't look as good as Mem 2 to me and that may be influencing my thoughts.
Thanks again.

Reply to board getting warm in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello, I am hoping this is in the correct forum. To start, I acquired a film processing machine that runs on 3 phase. Now before getting the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, 
 After boosting the hot water for probably too long on our pulsacoil thermal storage, the circuit breaker was tripped and I saw that the...
Replies
Views
Hello guys, I have a small problem assigning the correct codes for some visual faults. I am still confused and looking forward to find a good...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have had an electrician round doing some rewiring. Whilst most seems good i have had a few problems with him crossing lives and...
Replies
Views
Hi. I am off grid, UK. There is no grid tie or connection and there is currently no potential for connection. Background: I use a Honda EU10i for...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock