Discuss Bosch 18V Li Ion Impact wrench in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Marvo

-
Staff member
Mod
Mentor
Esteemed
Supporter
Reaction score
I have an 18v Bosch 1/2" impact wrench and I'd like to use it as an impact driver for screws as well as 1/2" sockets. Is there an adapter available to convert from the 1/2" male drive to a female hex fitting that accepts the normal screwdriver bits?

Bosch 18V Li Ion Impact wrench GDS - EletriciansForums.net

And you can pay through PP with any debit or credit card.

Mine's not electronically commutated, it's got brushes unfortunately. The EC (brushless ) motor versions aren't readily available here yet, they're probably too busy dumping their old end of run stuff here where they hope nobody notices :(

I hunted high and low here for an adapter of any kind and any make but there's nothing available off the shelf. We don't have Bunnings outlets and even the biggest suppliers here suck major league a$$, if it's not in stock they're not even remotely interested.

Thanks for the recommendation Zimmer, that's a decent price for a socket set.

I've scoured the rs components website because whilst they're not the cheapest, at least they service my neck of the woods.

I came across this Wera half inch drive bit holder they sell part no 323 3556.

There's also a Bahco option with this one part no 717 6788 .

I've also found this Wera adapter which is a 3/8ths drive bit holder part no 049 5405 but I could use it in my 1/2" drive impact tool with a 1/2"-3/8" adapter.

Anybody have any experience of any of these three items? Would you choose Bahco above Wera as a manufacturer or vice versa?

Thanks for the recommendation Zimmer, that's a decent price for a socket set.

I've scoured the rs components website because whilst they're not the cheapest, at least they service my neck of the woods.

I came across this Wera half inch drive bit holder they sell part no 323 3556.

There's also a Bahco option with this one part no 717 6788 .

I've also found this Wera adapter which is a 3/8ths drive bit holder part no 049 5405 but I could use it in my 1/2" drive impact tool with a 1/2"-3/8" adapter.

Anybody have any experience of any of these three items? Would you choose Bahco above Wera as a manufacturer or vice versa?

i have used standard bacho sockets in an impact driver for a few years on unistrut and had no problems

I have used the Bosch one lots of times that's included in the socket set above and had no problems. It looks very like the Bahco one above
Apart from that, I have loads of Wera tools and they have all been very good. but given that you need an adapter, for the Wera I would get the Bahco.

Yep, that Wera adapter was first one I linked to but I don't mind waiting a week for the Bahco if it's a better quality item and the price is almost identical. Which would be your preference?

Yep, that Wera adapter was first one I linked to but I don't mind waiting a week for the Bahco if it's a better quality item and the price is almost identical. Which would be your preference?
go for wera then, they both make good tools. (the wera one will probably be a little better, bahco seems to be more available usually)

I see the Wera has a spring loaded chuck whereas the Bahco has just a retaining clip for the bits. I'm not sure if the check would be better at retaining the bits but if it's going to disintegrate with the constant impact then maybe the simpler Bahco is better.

And if you think I'm indecisive when buy tools you should see me in a shoe shop ;)

Reply to Bosch 18V Li Ion Impact wrench in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock