Discuss bosch or fein multitool in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

F

footballhead

hello i,m in the market for a multitool and have been looking at the bosch li-ion or a 110/240 fein what do you guys recommend thank,s for reading

If it just for plasterboard and the occasional wood cutting then the Bosch cordless is fine. However for more substantial cutting then use the Fein. I own both but use the Bosch more as I don't need to get the transformer out as well. The batteries don't last too long though if cutting solid material.

I got the Bosch 240v one from Santa, he got it from Amazon, it was in the sale £122.50 was £199.00, delivered and its the top set with all 24 attachments..awesome tool. Get one.

I have had Fein for a while now, last rewire I did mine actually caught fire in my hand!!!!!!!

Had to buy another quick as its one of those tools once owned you cannot do without!!!!

Use it for floor boards, box cutting, joist notches, stud cutting, good for boxes into lathes etc

Of the 3 I have owned YOU MUST BUY THE QUICK RELEASE

Last edited:
I have the bosch 240v, does save a load of time but the blades seem to wear really quickly.

Are the Fein ones any better?

NO!

I have bought expensive ones but have decided cheap ones are almost as good!

Sometimes go through 4 or 5 on a rewire!

AEG also do one now (and it has an angled chuck adapter).

I have the bosch cordless one and use it a fair bit but as already said the batteries don't last long on high speed.

I've used both and ended up buying the Fein model with all the attachments and quick release etc. Thoroughly recommend it. It's great for chasing out on fine plaster too. Very neat and with little mess. Agree about the blades though and the fact that once you've had one there's no going back!!!!

Reply to bosch or fein multitool in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock