Discuss Bosch or Hilti in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Daley

Upgrading my power tools and not sure wether to go for Bosch or Hilti... I use Bosch at the moment but it's my dads old gear so is getting on a bit and the batteries are a nightmare! But it's done me well. Although i had a go of a Hilti sds at the weekend and it was brilliant... Do i pay more and go for Hilti or is there not much difference?

No comparison really is there

Hilti is some the THE best gear you can buy, personally i don't like Bosch tools

I use DeWalt myself which i rate quite highly, especially as it comes with a 3 year guarantee

Milwaukee is a good gear too !

You get what you pay for

I have used Hilti gear for over 30 years,and it knocks most in to a cocked hat. Even though over that time,they have obviously outsourced some parts,their QC,and specification remain excellent. They have good product back up,and are not going to disappear. The battery technology,in terms of power,charging and longevity,has come on massively,and my recently purchased 15V SFH drill,has at LEAST the grunt of the 22V model ten years back. I own a fair bit of Hilti tackle,and looked after,it is second to none. I bought a little self-set laser level 20 years ago (PM10) and have used it to set out some quite large projects,as in footings,floors and drainage. I usually do a back-set check to ensure accuracy,which is where you transfer a level from where the device is,to a point elsewhere. You then move to that point,and transfer the level to where you started. You then have two marks in one place,and two at the other,you measure between the marks at one,then the other,and the difference between the measurements is your back sight error. Over 30 meters,that difference was 5mm! Now i have waffled enough,get one bought,and listen to your colleagues scoff at the cost,as you observe them renewing their kit,several times,during the life of yours. :icon12:

There's no contest really, it's got to be Hilti all the way against Bosch!!
My personal preference is Milwaukee, but i'd not say no to anything that Hilti produce!!

I know it isn't in your options but if you have the cash for high end gear like Hilti, have a look at the Panasonic range too. It's superb.

Hilti by far the better choice

plus I heard something ,they do a rental service where you rent a power tool for 3 years & after that they replace it with a brand new one ,& also if if breaks down during that time you can just take it to a local shop were it will be replaced straight away no questions asked.

Hilti are great, but I have had loads of Bosch Professional gear and never had an issue with any of them. Bought one of those Bosch 24v Vre,
bosch%20gbh24vre%2028.jpg

must be at least 15 years ago and it's still going strong and the Nicads while not as good as new are still fine for normal use.

i had one of those old bosch 24v ^^^ , brilliant kit , virtually indestructable it was.

but yeah , hilti are awesome but christ you pay for it , a big step up in price from bosch , dewalt , makita etc.

I like Bosch gear. My 36V SDS is still going strong after six years of constant abuse. The batts don't like cold weather much anymore but they still hold a decent charge.

Got around 6 other Bosch blue tools and they have all lasted well.

I will probably never buy any Hilti gear as their cost is ridiculously high in my view.

Yes hilti do a rental service im a welder/fabricator all are grinders and drills are hilti everything is prettty much indistructable even with alot of abuse thre next day return on damaged items is good aswell if you want second hand hilti gear speedy travis vp hire all sell there end of contract items at watts auctions at barnsley

I've got the Bosch 18v stuff and it's awesome. My new 18v sds ec is class, the battery lasts all day and it's extremely light and packs a punch. It's can do everything from concrete block to rebar concrete. I also have an 18v Impact driver and that's a nice bit of kit, it will drive 5" 10s all day. Last but not least is the 18v robustaseries combi drill. This is a tank it does 6" holesaws without wincing and will drill 32mm 600mm augers aswell. Hilti is nice but a bit too expensive. Go for 4ah battery as they last all day

Reply to Bosch or Hilti in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net