Discuss Bosch Oven doesn't want to play in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I took the fan motor off a working Bosch built in electric oven to replace it, and now the heating element does not switch on, though if I switch the mains cooker wall switch I can hear a relay click in the control panel, so there is power going to it. The only two contacts I touched were the motor feeds, I'm mystified, and have no volt meter on site, I would think the oven would work without the fan motor connected ?

What can I check ?

and make sure the timer is not activated.

I had an oven the other week that needed the clock setting first and then after that had to press the select button for approx 5 seconds before it came on. Can't remember the brand, and I thought it was knacked at first until the householder came to the rescue!

Castle Wilko power goes off about once a month. Eventually even the mere male has had to diagnose and fix the "broken" oven. Wifey, well aware, just laughed :) .

I took the fan motor off a working Bosch built in electric oven to replace it, and now the heating element does not switch on, though if I switch the mains cooker wall switch I can hear a relay click in the control panel, so there is power going to it. The only two contacts I touched were the motor feeds, I'm mystified, and have no volt meter on site, I would think the oven would work without the fan motor connected ?

What can I check ?
do what i do, fob it off onto the appliance engineer, the time spent tinkering could be better spent elsewhere

I had to go on YouTube in the service station when I picked my van up because I didn’t know how to open the filler cap!
You know what? - it feels better now I’ve share that!

Same bloke who decided that Volkswagen windscreen washer/wipers don't work unless your moving - Thank goodness for google - could've been hours fault finding otherwise.
Well that’s no good to the 70 year olds parked up on the sea front eating their sandwiches with a flask of hot tea! How are they supposed to watch the crashing waves when it’s raining? by rolling forward and back - recipe for disaster that one!

i bought my first automatic and didnt know i had to have my foot on the brake to start it , for a few moments i thought id bought a total dud

I had to go on YouTube in the service station when I picked my van up because I didn’t know how to open the filler cap!
You know what? - it feels better now I’ve share that!
i had to ring the bloke i bought my van from same reason. the release is a small lever hidden under the handbrake. only visible from passenger side.

Reply to Bosch Oven doesn't want to play in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net