Discuss box installation in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

J_T

Hi

I'm wiring a new house and am at the stage of sealing the boxes for behind the sockets and switches.

The holes have been tracked out to fit 25mm deep boxes and screwed in. I had been planning to finish the installation ready for the plasterer by cementing in the gap around the box but am thinking would a tube of grout or a tec 7 type product be a neater job.

Any experiences that may help would be appreciated.

Thanks

JT

Indeedy, leave it to the plasterer, but make a careful measured note of where the centres of all your boxes are so you can find and dig them out when the plasterer completely covers them over with plaster. (I'm not joking, by the way)

stuff part of a plastic shopping bag in the boxes so that when the plasterer fills them all with plaster(9 out of 10 will) you have half a chance of finding the KO boxes again, without the aid of estwing

Reply to box installation in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I'm installing smart modules in my light switches which means I need to replace the existing 25mm back boxes with 47mm ones. Downstairs all walls...
Replies
Views
For various reasons out of my control, we have wound up in a situation where we have 1.5mm SWA cables buried in these pillars and exiting out of...
Replies
Views
My customer wants to fit round sockets and switches. He has sent me a link to the back boxes that are required. A few questions.. 1. Has anyone...
Replies
Views
Hi all, new to posting but been reading for years. I inherited a house from my grandmother who passed in 2021, I intend to renovate and rent out...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I am trying to install three new light fixtures (hanging lantern type) that will hang from the ceiling of an outdoor covered porch...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock