Discuss Brain busters in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Question 1 - answer.

It was touched on by a few so here is the answer -

What your hearing originates from your muscles in your arms, the myosin and actin microfiliments are expanding and contracting continuously, you can exagerater this effect to test it out by tensing you muscles and relaxing them while covering your ears, what should happen is an amplification in the sound as more microfilaments become active.

Question 2 . Meteors..

On a standard clear night one can observe about 6 meteors per hour on average but as it approaches morning the frequency increases. Why!

darkwood, been trying to find youtube clips of a young electric guitar guitar player, think you posted clips before? He went on to produce some albums?

:)

Gravitational pull of the earth reference to the moons position will be increased and pull those small rocks and grains that are 'shooting stars' to be burnt in the earths outer stratospheric layers. So there!

i tried to get the answer from meteor (electrical supplies) but they were closed @ 4.00 a.m.

darkwood, been trying to find youtube clips of a young electric guitar guitar player, think you posted clips before? He went on to produce some albums?

:)
Need more info, I normally follow accoustic guitars as Im learning one but can't recall unless you narrow it down for us.

My guess would be that early morning the earth is starting to face the direction it is actually orbiting. Bit like midgies on your car - one or two will fly in to the back/sides but the front is ploughing through them all.

it's because the butty vans open at 7. everyone wants to be first in the queue.

I would match with hightower, as dawn approaches the earth is facing into the dust cloud as earth orbits, during the night the earth is facing away from the dust so only particles moving faster than earth's orbital speed will enter the atmosphere; as dawn approaches the earths orbital speed adds to the meteoric dust speed to allow more particles to hit the atmosphere.

View attachment 35491

I would match with hightower, as dawn approaches the earth is facing into the dust cloud as earth orbits, during the night the earth is facing away from the dust so only particles moving faster than earth's orbital speed will enter the atmosphere; as dawn approaches the earths orbital speed adds to the meteoric dust speed to allow more particles to hit the atmosphere.

View attachment 35491
problem with your theory is that you are assuming that the earth is round and it orbits the sun. it has been for donkeys years, according to the catholic church, that the earth is flat, and the sun and planets orbit around earth. galileo was a heretic, should have been burnt at the stake, now that's out of the way, it's obvious that because the earth is flat, as morning comes, them pesky comets are skimming the surface, and so appear to be more in number because of collisssions and scatter due to flatness.

Question 2 Answer -

I think a few are hovering around the answer, its quite straight forward in that as the earth orbits the sun it can catch up to space debris but as the earth is revolving anyone entering night is going to be at the rear of its orbital path around the sun so many meteorites are blocked by the earths mass but from midnight onwards your position is exposed as you start to enter the lead side of its Sun orbit where it can catch up to meteorites and is not just exposed to random ones from any direction found as you head into night.

@hightower and his gnats theory?

Thanks for keeping us thinking Darkwood - it gets a little quiet in the dining room after the visitors have left and before Pete starts on the red!

Question 3 - Magnet and steel.

I have 2 identical pieces of what look like small steel blocks, approx the same size and shape as a fishfinger to give you an idea of scale.
One of these pieces is a permanent magnet and the other is an ordinary piece of steel, they of course stick together but can you say which one is the permanent magnet and which is the normal piece of steel, Oh!... you cannot use anything else in deciding just the two pieces of steel, so no trying to pick up paper clips etc, you cannot use anything else at all... So how can you tell which is which?

Darn, I've thrown out my fish finger magnets so I can't try this ... but I'm thinking the N (or S) of permanent magnet will be attracted to the steel equally along the steel.

Stroke the short end one of the pieces from end to end in one direction along the length of the other piece several times.
If the magnet is the short end piece then it will induce magnetism in the steel and then one end of the steel will be repellent to one end of the magnet, if the magnet is the length piece then the steel will not be magnetised and will not repel.

View attachment 35495

Reply to Brain busters in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock