Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

Discuss Breakfast Bar Leg Spacing in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. wallyanker

wallyanker Guest

Hi All

I am re-wiring a snap cabin within our warehouse and have also been asked to put new breakfast bars in for the lads to sit at at break times to eat their snap.

I am fully confident with the joinery involved but was wondering if anybody could suggest how often a support leg is required to support the worktop. The longest straight run in just over 5.5m long.

I know it is not an electrical question, sorry..

Any suggestions??

Cheers
    Pete

2. darkwood

darkwood It's all about Gmes Staff Member Trusted Advisor

id just use a bit of common sense on this one and use the stools or chairs to guide the distance between the supports i.e. a gap reasonable to fit 2 chairs under, in your case see if you can divide into 3 spaces thus giving room for 6 stools and still maintain good support.
    Not the usual post i answer but il try anything.

3. baileysufc

baileysufc Regular EF Member

depends how thick the worktop is 30 or 40 mm ? if 30 mm id betempted to surport inbetween every seating position as no doubt people will be sat on the worktop being rough if

4. wallyanker

wallyanker Guest

28mm laminate worktop will be used, 2 by 1 screwed to wall to support back edge.

5. alarm man

alarm man Guest

one every metre,incase you get people sitting on the bench,will give enough support

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.