Discuss Breaking into tails on a pv installation in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi due to start on a job which has pv installed,I need to have to break into the tails at the white box to feed another consumer unit in a out building as there is no way i can get to the consumer unit in the house,the problem being by doing this the outbuilding electric will not be generated from the pv electric am i correct in saying.Thanks

no that'll be fine, as long as it's all the consumer side of the suppliers meter it will be fed from the PV in preference to the grid.

If you can't get in to the consumer unit can you get in to isolate the solar? If not, the inverter should shut off after 5 seconds, and restart automatically a few minutes after the grid kicks back in, but be sure to test for dead even if the suppliers fuse is out / cut out is off.

Reply to Breaking into tails on a pv installation in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I had a PV system installed by a local reputable manufacturer last autumn; since then, I've received conflicting advice regarding the consumer...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I wondered if anyone could help me with something that has been niggling me please?! When a Solar PV feed in circuit is installed...
Replies
Views
Just wanted to know which people use. My case. Client converting attached garage into new rooms. Consumer Unit has to move to accomodate this...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, A diversity question concerning 2 consumer units fed from 100amp DNO supply Background, So I have an 18th Ed compliant consumer...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Got a job converting commercial property into 4 flats, 2 up 2 down all with electric meters on the outside on ground floor, SWA to...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock