Discuss Brexit court defeat for UK government in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

why are people still telling other people to get over it?

So that we might move on.

This is the biggest decision to happen to this country in decades, it's already having a massive impact on our business, and the decisions now being taken behind closed doors will go on having a huge impact on our lives for decades to come.

Yes, I agree. Lets do as the people have voted.

If this was such a good idea, and one that's not worthy of any further debate, why is there no plan after nearly 6 months?

Not sure why we haven't got more sorted. Maybe the politicians are dragging their feet. Too many people getting paid nicely while we are in... maybe...

Not sure why we haven't got more sorted. Maybe the politicians are dragging their feet. Too many people getting paid nicely while we are in... maybe...

They've not sorted it out because they haven't got a clue Spoon, they're without credibility and just scrabbling around in the dark.

Don't forget we're dealing with a government that has taken over 50 years to decide where to put a lump of concrete for a runway, this is a trillion times more complicated than that and a zillion times more important.

People shouldn't buy into the 'we don't want to show our hands' rubbish' They haven't got a hand, they just don't know.

The government has made it clear several weeks ago that there is no step by step guide nore will any details be given before the article 50 is triggered... this is normal business practice when you are going to negotiate a deal, it is a very important stage in the Brexit so I find it completely baffling that a camp of determined remoaners think we should start giving out all our plans beforehand, how in the world would this benefit us prior to striking a negotiation if the EU is pre-empted to what we are going to try barter?? You don't see the opposition parties in the other 27 members requesting their own governments reveal what they will be bringing to the table regarding our trade with them so its strange why we have this sudden demand to express ours by our very own politicians, it just mad IMHO.

We are leaving the EU which comprises of a Single market and a Customs union so by default we automatically leave them too, the negotiations will be how we then access the Single market as access is not been lost here just the way we access it. We have to leave the Customs union and the downside will be how we import and export EU goods as you cannot just send them through the Chunnel unchecked anymore, remaining part of the Customs union will block our new trade avenue's with the rest of the world which is exactly what we don't want and is why we are restricted at present in order to protect and ring fence the EU trade block, this has many negatives as it forces out competition which in turn increases prices and lowers quality, many people also don't realise been in the single market actually increases the price of many goods as they have tariffs imposed on them like clothing so leaving will have added benefits in these areas although other things will increase but as we strike competitive trade deals with other non-EU countries over the years then they will be forced to compete and lower any imposed tariffs or lose out. As Mrs May has expressed she is looking for free trade deals with other countries, this is going to be very good for us but a very rocky ride for the EU who will now have competition to one of there main export markets.

What scares the EU elite the most is regardless of what the end deal is for us is if we suceed and prosper as it may trigger a domino effect that at the moment is already sat on shaky ground, our success could be the eventual downfall to the EU model as it stands right now and they will either have to give up on it or make some very big changes... its in their interest to show the UK struggling and losing out massively so expect the EU been very negative towards us over the following years in the European media but behind the curtains they will be doing there best to keep us on side.

I can see Brexit and Remain just going around in circles here each with soundbites and the only real way to settle this is to wait and see and let the process happen but instead we seem have a select few who are determined to damage it in every possible way by putting obsticles down and dragging the process out due to there own self interested agenda like Nick Clegg etc who are using the situation to regain political status having had a disasterous few years... I mean 16million people all with a common vote is like a Godsend to a politician looking to save his career.

Last edited:
DW, it's not normal business practice to send your CEO to negotiate a deal blindly, There is always an objective. This is what's required. The fact that May knows neither the objective or destination is the reason that she comes out with such trite statements like we will not show our hand or there will be no step by step guide. And if people are woolly headed enough to believe her then more fool them. I'd like to be with you when you next try to get a deal from your wholesaler. ''Yes sir how can I help,'' ''I'm not prepared to show my hand at this point'' ''But what would you like to buy sir?'' '' I will not give you a running commentary''

It's nice that you think of me as the elite but I can assure that I'm just an ordinary electrician.

I like your posts DW but could you keep them a little shorter, it would make it easier to respond to all your points and not just a couple like now.

Also, can someone tell me how to get that bloody red and white walking stick out of my dogs ear.

DW, it's not normal business practice to send your CEO to negotiate a deal blindly, There is always an objective. This is what's required. The fact that May knows neither the objective or destination is the reason that she comes out with such trite statements like we will not show our hand or there will be no step by step guide. And if people are woolly headed enough to believe her then more fool them. I'd like to be with you when you next try to get a deal from your wholesaler. ''Yes sir how can I help,'' ''I'm not prepared to show my hand at this point'' ''But what would you like to buy sir?'' '' I will not give you a running commentary''

It's nice that you think of me as the elite but I can assure that I'm just an ordinary electrician.

I like your posts DW but could you keep them a little shorter, it would make it easier to respond to all your points and not just a couple like now.

Also, can someone tell me how to get that bloody red and white walking stick out of my dogs ear.
This is only an opinion and has no factual base, given that she has clearly stated there is no running commentary then we will all have to wait but why some people automatically assume its because there is no plan is an headscratcher she did say when she came into Prime Ministers position that she would need time to assign all her cabinet and bring together a solid plan before the triggering of article 50, we are only half way through this period so I would say that the governments does have plans but there is still more work to be done to finalise them. We must remember here what happened after the result, Cameron bailed and the whole cabinet got reshuffled you cannot seriously expect things to all be set up and waiting when the whole cabinet got juggled up, I will agree here that at the time of the result there was no drafted plan waiting to be acted on considering how events followed but the blame for that is Cameron not May.
You're analogy of the governments position in parliament is like the wholesalers is a poor one, my wholesaler would be akin to the EU and when you ring up for the deal ie trigger article 50 then you do put your 'cards' on the table. When I ask my own wholesaler for a better quotation because I can do better elsewhere I do not divulge what others have offered me, this ensures they will do the best they can to keep my custom, if I show them the deals other wholesalers have given (or in the EU angle if I explain step by step what deals are been done by other members and non EU countries) then they only have to match and I may not be getting the best they could give.
Don't worry, I wasn't promoting you, I refer to the unelected untouchable elite that now make most of our trading decisions and rules amongst many other things.

Reply to Brexit court defeat for UK government in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock