Discuss Brexit fallout in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Those are words and actions from very narrow minded people that have no grip on what is actually happening. Shame on them.

It's going to bring them all out of the woodwork though. The racists will see this vote as meaning that 52% of people agree with them as such emphasis has been placed on control of immigration as a sole reason for a leave vote.
My fears are that racist views will become legitimised in the minds of "casual racists" as we just voted to "keep em out". That racist groups will become emboldened and garner public opinion and supporters more easily due to political policies that are based on the exclusion of others.

It's going to bring them all out of the woodwork though. The racists will see this vote as meaning that 52% of people agree with them as such emphasis has been placed on control of immigration as a sole reason for a leave vote.
My fears are that racist views will become legitimised in the minds of "casual racists" as we just voted to "keep em out". That racist groups will become emboldened and garner public opinion and supporters more easily due to political policies that are based on the exclusion of others.

Rubbish.

Today Sadiq Khan was stoking the fire in London with some ill judged comments imho.

The vote was not about this, it's about democracy, or the sheer lack of it from Brussels, and judging by the reaction from Brussels they have done nothing to reduce my opinion of the. However Angela Merkel definitely has a sense of fair play about her considered input into the situation so far......

Rubbish.

Today Sadiq Khan was stoking the fire in London with some ill judged comments imho.

The vote was not about this, it's about democracy, or the sheer lack of it from Brussels, and judging by the reaction from Brussels they have done nothing to reduce my opinion of the. However Angela Merkel definitely has a sense of fair play about her considered input into the situation so far......

For you it was about democracy I'm sure, but for some voters it was about immigration and nothing else, of that I am convinced.
I'm not saying for an instant that all leave voters feel this way or voted on this issue. I am aware that the "keep em out" brigade are a noisy but tiny minority amongst well meaning leave voters.
I am saying that my fears are that legitimising exclusion of others based on ethnicity is not going to help nurturing progressive attitudes any favours.

Agree with Andy. IMO the Leave campaign was primarily based on immigration and the Stay campaign based on economics. That's why we had the result we did. Whilst some have genuine and level headed concerns about the migration of EU peoples into this country, there's a section of our society that just have purely racists and xenophobic views. As for the economic argument, I read somewhere 'that if you had money, you voted remain, if you haven't you voted out'. Bit simplistic, cos I voted remain and I'm skint! The referendum asked a simple question, but voters answered that question for all sorts of reasons.

never had any problems before we joined .

never said yhat. we will have a few problems, but at least it's now going to be up to us to progress to future prosperity, not shackled by brussels.

I agree this is probably going to be a long thread but I only really have one serious and sensible question!!!!

Does this now mean we can have our Marathon bar and opal fruits back and send back the snickers bar and starburst ?????

I agree this is probably going to be a long thread but I only really have one serious and sensible question!!!!

Does this now mean we can have our Marathon bar and opal fruits back and send back the snickers bar and starburst ?????

At last, I was waiting for someone to realise the more serious and impacting effect leaving the EU would have. A simple poster with "Do you want Marathon back - Vote leave" and we would have been looking at a minimum of 70/30 in favour of leave. And these politicians are supposed to be in tune with people......pah. :)

After Corbyn sacked Hilary Benn last night shadow health secretary Heidi Alexander has quit this morning and it looks like half the shadow cabinet will be quitting throughout the day.Are Jeremy's days numbered.

Last edited:
anf jif cleanser, which is now called cif.

millions of years ago, creatures climbed out of the cesspit and learnt to walk.now britain has followed suit. deja vu?

There was one...not sure why it's now been deleted.

It hasn't been deleted mate you just posted it in another thread.

Murdochs Thread EU Brexit how will you vote........

https://www.------------/ynfafootball/videos/1064008483636046/

I know it's Sunday but maybe put the Sherry down and have a coffee :sifone:

Last edited:

Reply to Brexit fallout in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock