Discuss Brexit fallout in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

A caller on LBC has just suggested 2 new parties based on the referendum "splits" -

So the remains would be for big business, and micro management, whilst ignoring the masses

And the Leaders who would be for the people.

Makes you think!

Guilsala Stuart as pm anyone?

It hasn't been deleted mate you just posted it in another thread.

Murdochs Thread EU Brexit how will you vote........

https://www.------------/ynfafootball/videos/1064008483636046/

I know it's Sunday but maybe put the Sherry down and have a coffee :sifone:

Theres too many Brexit threads, I can't keep up haha

A caller on LBC has just suggested 2 new parties based on the referendum "splits" -

So the remains would be for big business, and micro management, whilst ignoring the masses

And the Leaders who would be for the people.

Makes you think!

Guilsala Stuart as pm anyone?

Well I was a remain voter and I like to think I'm pro business, anti micro management and for the people..

Gisele Stuart. NO

The problem the remain campaign had was they made the economy central and how it's going to suffer if we leave (which it probably is) rather than making a case for how brilliant the EU is (tongue in cheek). The lesser of two evils was a risky strategy to play.

I think they would have struggled to make a sound business case for the EU parliament because of the corruption, wacky decisions and egos of the EU politicians who have their own countries interests at heart.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just for info.

Nearly half (49%) of leave voters said the biggest single reason for wanting to leave the EU was “the principle that decisions about the UK should be taken in the UK”.
One third (33%) said the main reason was that leaving “offered the best chance for the UK to regain control over immigration and its own borders.”
Just over one in eight (13%) said remaining would mean having no choice “about how the EU expanded its membership or its powers in the years ahead.”
Only just over one in twenty (6%) said their main reason was that “when it comes to trade and the economy, the UK would benefit more from being outside the EU than from being part of it.

Just for info.

Nearly half (49%) of leave voters said the biggest single reason for wanting to leave the EU was “the principle that decisions about the UK should be taken in the UK”.
One third (33%) said the main reason was that leaving “offered the best chance for the UK to regain control over immigration and its own borders.”
Just over one in eight (13%) said remaining would mean having no choice “about how the EU expanded its membership or its powers in the years ahead.”
Only just over one in twenty (6%) said their main reason was that “when it comes to trade and the economy, the UK would benefit more from being outside the EU than from being part of it.

I'm no maths wizard here but where did the extra 1% come from ;)

now that is good business, but you don't destroy peoples pensions by doing it. the stockbrokers do and yhey don't give a ---- who they ruin as long as they can make a killing for themselves.

Just for you, tel:
"The decision to leave the European Union is expected to claim its first victims today, when hedge funds and other financial institutions reveal deep losses suffered in the volatile markets on Friday."

Hedge funds ?wiped out? by vote to leave Europe | Business | The Times & The Sunday Times

The problem the remain campaign had was they made the economy central and how it's going to suffer if we leave (which it probably is) rather than making a case for how brilliant the EU is (tongue in cheek). The lesser of two evils was a risky strategy to play.

Agree with this, they ran a totally negative campaign, concentrated completely on what could go wrong with a brexit and never sold the EU at all.

I think they would have struggled to make a sound business case for the EU parliament because of the corruption, wacky decisions and egos of the EU politicians who have their own countries interests at heart.
I'm going to have to edit that.

I think they would have struggled to make a sound business case for the UK parliament because of the corruption, wacky decisions and egos of the UK politicians who have their own interests at heart.

Agree with this, they ran a totally negative campaign, concentrated completely on what could go wrong with a brexit and never sold the EU at all.

I'm going to have to edit that.

I think they would have struggled to make a sound business case for the UK parliament because of the corruption, wacky decisions and egos of the UK politicians who have their own interests at heart.
at least. in the whole, they're british parliamentarians and can be held to account by us.

This puzzled me from the start.

You would have thought this would have been easy..........

at least. in the whole, they're british parliamentarians and can be held to account by us.

Interesting you should say that. I was quietly wondering to myself if the house of commons, which is as pro-EU as you get, was actually going to accept the exit vote and pass the new laws required for the UK to exit the EU. The MP's know a gravy train when they see one and they're not going to be happy about missing out on all those lucrative Brussels jobs for the boys.

This is classic case of the commoners democratic vote catching everyone by surprise and going against what those with the money and power want. The only way they can stop the exit now is to move the goal posts so I see at least another referendum on the horizon before the UK actually leaves and believe me, they'll be a lot more prepared for the next one.

Interesting you should say that. I was quietly wondering to myself if the house of commons, which is as pro-EU as you get, was actually going to accept the exit vote and pass the new laws required for the UK to exit the EU. The MP's know a gravy train when they see one and they're not going to be happy about missing out on all those lucrative Brussels jobs for the boys.

This is classic case of the commoners democratic vote catching everyone by surprise and going against what those with the money and power want. The only way they can stop the exit now is to move the goal posts so I see at least another referendum on the horizon before the UK actually leaves and believe me, they'll be a lot more prepared for the next one.

hum.... with Angela Merkel stating today that she wants to change the EU rules, so no more countries can leave, hardly sounds democratic.

This for me is about 2 things:

1. Lack of democracy - we can vote the UK Government out but we can't vote the EU law makers out

2. The Euro is destroying the lives of all the young people in Portugal, Spain, Italy, Greece, etc - how long will it be before all these youngsters start taking matters into their own hands?

That aside, after all the "nasty" comments from the EU decision makers, do you really think a 2nd vote would be any different?

I think the problem is going to come with the divorce settlement.

The UK wants all the benefits that come with the EU membership like preferential trade deals etc but doesn't want to share the workload of financially assisting the weaker member states via EU membership fees and helping with the migrant and refugee problem.

The EU obviously needs to nip in the bud any ideas of other member states exiting and isn't going to allow the UK to walk off into the the sunset with a handful of newly negotiated trade agreements without very large commitments and concessions from the UK regarding refugees and other thorny issues.

The way I see it is that everyone has their own agenda (politicians, MP's, business leaders etc) and will lie through their back teeth accordingly. The only exception is the stock markets, they have an agenda but at least it's a transparent one and they don't lie, they just react. When the world markets shed trillions in value at the prospect of the UK/EU exit it's a sign that doesn't bode well for either party in my opinion.

If the UK ever had a time where it needed strong and focused leadership, that time is now. If there was ever a time where the UK would benefit from a united front from Scotland, Ireland and Wales, that time is now. Unfortunately at the moment it has neither.

I suspect the UK won't want to negotiate with the EU on the issues such as refugees and EU isn't going to give the UK any meaningful trade agreements. The UK economy will suffer at least until it finds new trading partners or possibly until the EU starts falling apart, neither of which I'd hold my breath for.

I think in the longer term the exit may well be an advantage to the UK but I see a rocky road ahead at least for the next few years and maybe longer. So in answer to your question I also think that another exit referendum vote maybe in a year, after the divorce negotiations haven't been as fruitful as many had hoped for and a little of the negative economic impact has been felt, might well give a different result.

Last edited:
I can kinda understand why Cameron decided to vacate the PM's office after the result of the referendum, and also see why Osborne decided not to run for the PM's job. It would have been a bit cynical running the country after their no campaign.

But I think it's a bit choice that Boris has decided not to run for Tory Leaders job, just because that idiot Gove chucked his hand in. After all those two and others convinced the majority of the populous to vote Leave.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't want Boris for PM, but Gove is being accused of stabbing Boris in the back, I think Boris has stabbed the UK in the back IMO.

What with Labours debacle at the moment, we are starting to look a laughing stock.

I've just plucked one world news headline;

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/29/world/europe/boris-johnson-brexit-leaders-eu.html?_r=0

Leave camp, best get your act in order. :sad_smile:

Reply to Brexit fallout in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock