Discuss Brexit fallout in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Come on you 'Leavers', there's been 35 views of this thread since I posted. Many of you were very vociferous of this thread, but it has gone silent now. What are your views now?

my views are the same as they were back in 1974 ish when those traitors heath and wilson got us into the eu in the first place with all the lies.

My own take on this was echoed by marvo.
now is the time to get the brains together ,cut out the petty party political point scoring and present a united plan that they all agree on to the people of this country.
in the long term I reckon it will be good for the country,short term not so good.
the eu will play hardball and puff their chest out,while behind the scenes get in a right old flap about how they are actually going to fund it!
its in everyone's interest to get it sorted out with a bit of decisive action needed on both sides.
whats really annoying me just now is the left wing liberal media everyone's a racist mantra.
3 neds on a tram in Manchester being arses to a guy is now a "hate crime" worthy of front page news.it normally wouldn't make local news I bet.
if we apparently wear a safety pin on our clothing it means we are immigrant friendly don't you know?
i also read a bit in the guardian(don't ask me why) where some nugget of a journalist bemoans the fact that the eu immigration policy is stacked in the favour of the White eu citizen rather than say someone from Bangladesh or Africa! No ****!
agendas are everywhere at the moment

Im off to stick some safety pins in my eyes

Come on you 'Leavers', there's been 35 views of this thread since I posted. Many of you were very vociferous of this thread, but it has gone silent now. What are your views now?
Have you seen the other thread on 'Brexit Fall outs'?
Before the election all the remain campaign seemed to be able to come up with was if you vote to leave then you're a racist, while the leave campaign pointed out how we weren't getting value for money from EU membership.

Since the result those who wanted to remain have taken to social media to lambaste those who voted to leave, branding them as racists, bigots, and worse; a lot of friendships have broken down over this because people discussed their political views in public.
Then there are the sore winners - the real racists who have taken the election result as a validation of their extreme views and taken to the streets to beat up the first brown person they see, shout at Polish children etc.

In short this has all turned very ugly.

So do I wish the result had been different? No, I still don't believe we should give in to bullies whether the bullies are EU bureaucrats, racists, or luvvies with megaphones, placards and twitter.

a voice of common sense.

Cameron was Pro EU, he said he had a strategy set up in case we voted leave, he honestly never considered it would happen and yes he did have one, 'do a runner'...

So Mid' you want feedback, we apart from all the PRO media with there nose out of joint trying to rally as much negative press as possible to make it look as 'I told you so', well there hasn't been anything except the Labour mess that has shocked or surprised me, the markets have reacted as predicted, the BoE has measures in place to protect the banking system and its clearly working, the FT100 Index has seen a few initial dips but given 5yrs data the index is above mean average, the pound although it saw a large drop has recovered over half its value of loss since and as its classed as a floating pound it is not all gloom and doom as export demands increase due the low pound as is normal and consequently imports will cost more but to the end user the prices on the shelf tend to balance out. As for moving forward, well due to the EU taking charge in most of our world trade deals and either blocking them or slapping tarriffs on them for a vested interest to avoid competion has left us with approx 40 Trade expert/negotiators, far less than we need as we used the EU's plentiful supply of experts, yeserday New Zealand offered to lend us some of their top Trade negotiators who have very good track records of cutting deals with many countries, they have also shown interest in moving forward with some kind of free trade deal with themselves and Australia as we withdraw from the EU, India prior to the vote also showed interest in setting up trade deals worth billions, these are deals that could never happen due to EU self presevation and anti competition stance, now the EU is playing a scare tactic game at the moment and been very public in expressing it, they are hitting a hard message of no access to free trade without free movement too as well as expressing we cannot cherry pick what we want, you may believe what you hear here but they have to be seen doing this as they need to ensure there isn't a domino effect across the member states which would end what we know as the EU, in reality the UK holds the best hand and traders and markets know this, this is reflected in the FT100 index quick recovery while the EU's stock market position continues to struggle, adding to this that over 100,000 jobs in germany's car industry are tied to the UK imports and is vastly greater than what we sell them then there is no way that they will risk a massive economical punch which will have very serious effects to germanys economy and jobs market, this is not just unique to Germany as we have the better hand throughout a majority of EU member states. When the article 50 is triggered we will see a large world interest to trade with us as already expressed with even Canada joining the queue as the EU blocked a trade deal between us last year because France said it was in direct competition with them so they vetoed the deal, what the EU and its members will then realise is we don't actually need them and they are all very well aware of this hence they are been very vocal about making it hard for us, this is so far from the truth it is strange they went this road but again it must be to stop the domino effect, well at least until Brussels passes new legislation that will block members from holding referendums of there membership (yes its already happening, don't you love their admiration for democracy).

Now don't get me wrong, whether we stayed in and get crippled by more red tape and limitations or left and went alone, both would see jobs losses, many forget the amount of jobs lost due to EU rulings and stealth deals like the Southampton Ford Van plant that the EU gave 80million to re-site to Turkey at the loss of thousands of jobs in the UK (yes that's Turkey and they say they are not fast tracking get them in the EU though all the evidence points that they are), the jobs losses on leaving are mainly hitting the big corporates, the EU parliment members, yes the ones nobody has ever heard of yet they actually just get paid to turn up and agree to ballots because every time we have disagreed or contended its been ignore on all 70+ occasions and not once has our contention ever changed or help rewrite anything (It's better to be in shaping the future, yeah whatever, it hasn't helped thus far).

We are in for a bumpy ride but I believe you cannot avoid all the potholes when you are heading for the smooth road of opportunities and growth.

One thing I can be totally confident about being a "leave" voter - is that once we are free from EU control, if we don't like what the UK Government do - we can vote them OUT, and replace them.

The same can not be said of the EU....

Off to sleep. Will read your replies tomorrow. None of you Brexiters make comment about Boris, your key leave politician. Sold us down the river.

Cameron was Pro EU, he said he had a strategy set up in case we voted leave, he honestly never considered it would happen and yes he did have one, 'do a runner'...

So Mid' you want feedback, we apart from all the PRO media with there nose out of joint trying to rally as much negative press as possible to make it look as 'I told you so', well there hasn't been anything except the Labour mess that has shocked or surprised me, the markets have reacted as predicted, the BoE has measures in place to protect the banking system and its clearly working, the FT100 Index has seen a few initial dips but given 5yrs data the index is above mean average, the pound although it saw a large drop has recovered over half its value of loss since and as its classed as a floating pound it is not all gloom and doom as export demands increase due the low pound as is normal and consequently imports will cost more but to the end user the prices on the shelf tend to balance out. As for moving forward, well due to the EU taking charge in most of our world trade deals and either blocking them or slapping tarriffs on them for a vested interest to avoid competion has left us with approx 40 Trade expert/negotiators, far less than we need as we used the EU's plentiful supply of experts, yeserday New Zealand offered to lend us some of their top Trade negotiators who have very good track records of cutting deals with many countries, they have also shown interest in moving forward with some kind of free trade deal with themselves and Australia as we withdraw from the EU, India prior to the vote also showed interest in setting up trade deals worth billions, these are deals that could never happen due to EU self presevation and anti competition stance, now the EU is playing a scare tactic game at the moment and been very public in expressing it, they are hitting a hard message of no access to free trade without free movement too as well as expressing we cannot cherry pick what we want, you may believe what you hear here but they have to be seen doing this as they need to ensure there isn't a domino effect across the member states which would end what we know as the EU, in reality the UK holds the best hand and traders and markets know this, this is reflected in the FT100 index quick recovery while the EU's stock market position continues to struggle, adding to this that over 100,000 jobs in germany's car industry are tied to the UK imports and is vastly greater than what we sell them then there is no way that they will risk a massive economical punch which will have very serious effects to germanys economy and jobs market, this is not just unique to Germany as we have the better hand throughout a majority of EU member states. When the article 50 is triggered we will see a large world interest to trade with us as already expressed with even Canada joining the queue as the EU blocked a trade deal between us last year because France said it was in direct competition with them so they vetoed the deal, what the EU and its members will then realise is we don't actually need them and they are all very well aware of this hence they are been very vocal about making it hard for us, this is so far from the truth it is strange they went this road but again it must be to stop the domino effect, well at least until Brussels passes new legislation that will block members from holding referendums of there membership (yes its already happening, don't you love their admiration for democracy).

Now don't get me wrong, whether we stayed in and get crippled by more red tape and limitations or left and went alone, both would see jobs losses, many forget the amount of jobs lost due to EU rulings and stealth deals like the Southampton Ford Van plant that the EU gave 80million to re-site to Turkey at the loss of thousands of jobs in the UK (yes that's Turkey and they say they are not fast tracking get them in the EU though all the evidence points that they are), the jobs losses on leaving are mainly hitting the big corporates, the EU parliment members, yes the ones nobody has ever heard of yet they actually just get paid to turn up and agree to ballots because every time we have disagreed or contended its been ignore on all 70+ occasions and not once has our contention ever changed or help rewrite anything (It's better to be in shaping the future, yeah whatever, it hasn't helped thus far).

We are in for a bumpy ride but I believe you cannot avoid all the potholes when you are heading for the smooth road of opportunities and growth.
Darkwood, you need to précis your replies.

Off to sleep. Will read your replies tomorrow. None of you Brexiters make comment about Boris, your key leave politician. Sold us down the river.

No he didn't, his side won the referendum.
I'd like to see Jeremy Corbyn snub his way out of the situation he's got himself into.

Darkwood, you need to précis your replies.

I'll dig some up links later although you asked for response!, heading out although the New Zealand offer was across the media although only those media outlets that are not Pro EU, really strange that the Pro's didn't want to report optimistic news?

As for the FT100 you can easily graph check the last 5 years with a quick google search, its good precis my posts but I touched on so much it would be a marathon of links but as I said I will try russle some up tomoz

Last edited:
I'll dig some up links later although you asked for response!, heading out although the New Zealand offer was across the media although only those media outlets that are not Pro EU, really strange that the Pro's didn't want to report optimistic news?

As for the FT100 you can easily graph check the last 5 years with a quick google search, its good precis my posts but I touched on so much it would be a marathon of links but as I said I will try russle some up tomoz
Can't knock for your responses, jus a bit long. Did read it though.

I can kinda understand why Cameron decided to vacate the PM's office after the result of the referendum, and also see why Osborne decided not to run for the PM's job. It would have been a bit cynical running the country after their no campaign.

But I think it's a bit choice that Boris has decided not to run for Tory Leaders job, just because that idiot Gove chucked his hand in. After all those two and others convinced the majority of the populous to vote Leave.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't want Boris for PM, but Gove is being accused of stabbing Boris in the back, I think Boris has stabbed the UK in the back IMO.

What with Labours debacle at the moment, we are starting to look a laughing stock.

I've just plucked one world news headline;

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/29/world/europe/boris-johnson-brexit-leaders-eu.html?_r=0

Leave camp, best get your act in order. :sad_smile:

I go back to my previous post. I know that this thread is about Brexit fallout, the referendums done and decision made, but I am a bit miffed to say the least Boris has deserted us.

If Remain had won and Cameron resigned (some would jump for joy!), I would be similarly peeved.

I see it like Moses leading the Israelites to the promised land, parting the waves and say 'I'm not coming with you!'.

Ultimately though, I'm quite pleased he's gone and the only truthful thing Gove has said in months/years was 'Boris isn't a leader', which Boris has proved with his deed.

After all those two and others convinced the majority of the populous to vote Leave.

Leave camp, best get your act in order. :sad_smile:

I think you are giving Johnson and Gove too much credit. The EU and it's attitude did more to bolster the leave campaign than they did. The EU has too many hidden agendas that a select few are working to. The remain set out it's stall with you know what we have as a member of the EU whilst ignoring where it will be in 10 - 20 years time if they continue on the current agenda they are working to, the EU is just a creeping 1984 style group but may be some like the domination style of some of the elitist member states

I think you are giving Johnson and Gove too much credit. The EU and it's attitude did more to bolster the leave campaign than they did. The EU has too many hidden agendas that a select few are working to. The remain set out it's stall with you know what we have as a member of the EU whilst ignoring where it will be in 10 - 20 years time if they continue on the current agenda they are working to, the EU is just a creeping 1984 style group but may be some like the domination style of some of the elitist member states
Disagree. Whilst the more politically savvy, might have seen through either camps sandbagging or indeed genuinely knew the pros & cons for each side, there are a lot of people who didn't know what to make of the arguments either way, I include myself there.

In the end, I suppose most made an educated guess on which way to vote. The way each person came to that decision is debateable. But I think, some would of trusted the government, some just want out of EU full stop, economical consideration would of swayed either way, mitigating migrating was another pull and just 'trusting' a politician would have been another. Think that's how most GE's are won, i.e. Cameron v Miliband, Thatcher v Callaghan.

Therefore I think Boris did influence a lot of voters, he certainly attracted positive comments here from some members in the Brexit vote thread.

Anyhow, he's gone now, but I suspect he might turn up like a bad penny in a few months time posturing for some position, even might make another leadership bid in a few years time, if things go well for us outside the EU. Can hear it now 'I was the one that got us out of the EU'. Least Gove is open about his political manoeuvrings.

:shades_smile:

The link you provide Mid' is an article from the New York Times, now in the light that the majority of Americans don't actually understand our relationship with the EU and what has happened with our Brexit then with all respect I'll take the article with a pich of salt, even the President who butt licked Cameron as a favour didn't understand how we and the EU worked, therefore there input and comments have little bearing and all you need to do to clarify this is watch some Fox news snippets as apparently we have just left the UN.... its cringe worthy watching them trying to have intelligent discussions on American TV when some guests think we have left Europe too, let them stick to their own issues like that muppet Trump.

Last edited:

Reply to Brexit fallout in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock