Discuss Britain Leave the European Union (Please be polite with other people's views) in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Let's all forget the 10million of tax payers money spent on a biased leaflet campaign days before the official financially restricted campaigns started, had it been purely informative the I could justify my money going towards it but the cost alone outstrips the limit on campaign spending and it was clearly pro EU bias, but who do you complain to and who do you take action against - there is no one hence they got away with it, a few hundred grand here and there seems insignificant in comparison.
But we were debating the reporting of the electoral commission on the leave and remain campaigns, you've moved on.
Whilst I agree with you on this and put my copy straight in the bin, it's not unusual for goverments to lay out their position in print, it's what they thought was best for the country and had a duty to say so.
No law was broken as far as I'm aware so nothng to report really. Though peoples opinion on the mater were reported at the time.

Its the duty of any government to say what they feel is in the best interests of its country.

Someone else said that Cameron should of just given us the facts and let us decided. Tosh. Thats why we have the political system we have in the UK. If you disagree with them, you vote someone else in.

It was not based on facts though, it was Cameron's dying attempt to dig himself out of a massive hole that even I agree he shouldn't have done for the reasons he did, it was not the governments position either, it was his, the ensuing Brexit is evident that the party was divided so it was not representative of the governments true position thus should not has been bias, it was an information leaflet and it was full of misinformation.
EDIT - additional
PS - I believe it is worth bringing up because it was weighted to the Pro EU remain campaign thus 10 million of tax payers money was not used correctly. I ask you just to put the shoe on the other foot and see how you would have reacted had it been heavily biased in favour of Brexit even though it was supposed to be an information leaflet not a biased one at that, it should have shown the pro's and con's of both sides and all it did was show the supposed pro's of remaining and the supposed con's of leaving - if you read it again it is scaremongering, yes it get's some obvious points across which no one would argue with but there is no promotion within it about the benefits of leaving or the con's of remaining. This thus is not an informative leaflet campaign it is a preemptive strike and boost for the remain campaign.

Last edited:
It was not based on facts though, it was Cameron's dying attempt to dig himself out of a massive hole then even I agree he should have done for the reasons he did, it was not the governments position either, it was his, the ensuing Brexit is evident that the party was divided so it was not representative of the governments true position thus should not has been bias, it was an information leaflet and it was full of misinformation.

Wrong dw. Cameron was the leader of the party & the PM at the time. He was the Boss at the time. Thats why he fell on his sword & left.

Britain Leave the European Union (Please be polite with other people's views) Brexit - EletriciansForums.net

For all those politically aroused, here is an illustration in crayons what Brexit is all about.:D

Not very good analogy. You could of changed the nomenclature to remain & leave. :)
Where would the fun have been in that!:)

Ultimately, the biggest problem is that there is always danger in progress, or what we perceive to be progress. Not so long ago I was in Peshawar and had a look inside the smugglers bazaar. It’s kind of a duty-free shop for Afghans, where you can buy bales of opium, rocket launchers and other household items. It is located in one of the autonomous tribal areas where Pakistani law does not apply. These areas are administered by hereditary rulers and seem to be in a state of permanent low intensity conflict. I spent a couple of hours wandering around looking at the weapons. I was also introduced to a local chief, and spent an hour chatting about current affairs. I handled it with all the balance and restraint that has characterised my forum persona.:)
He told me: “We don't trust you Americans, you think you rule the world”
Ignorant of the unintended insult, he carried on: “You will find that the soldiers of God are not easily defeated”.
Me: “Erm… indeed? I thought as much.”
My point is, sometimes it’s not worth disagreeing with a guy who uses the butt of a gun to open bottles of Pepsi and you just have to accept that you have to let some people be wrong. And Darkwood will like this! I traded in my copy of “The Ferengi Rules of Acquisition” and came away with this beauty!:)
Britain Leave the European Union (Please be polite with other people's views) Atomic Disintegrator - EletriciansForums.net

He announced the result at 4:40 in the morning, I'm supprised you were up at that time. To me he's just reporting the official result in a neutral manner but if you want to see something that's not there that's your perogative and I'll leave you to it.
The result had been known for a few hours.
Agreed in this vid, he has maintained his professionalism. If i could find a way i would play you the one earlier when it had dawned on him.. BTW why surprised i was up, do you know me ?

Just an idea...maybe Erie should just be 're absorbed into the United Kingdom....and just forget all the nonsense that went on in 1925....better for all..and pull the rug from under he E U....In a more serious note when we leave the EU i hope we can then refuse to import and have to install the dire equipment some some of their companies manufacture.

It's not going to happen...and then we will all be angry at all the money that has been wasted...
The country took a decision to have the surgery, however, halfway through the operation the surgeons discovered that the actual condition was not what they had thought...fortunately they had time to make a decision...carry on and kill the patient, or stitch him up and try a different approach...

Lets just slip out quietly on March 29th. March 30th no one will be the any wiser, and then we can all be great friends again.

Ask that Trump bloke about building fences though.

Absolute nonsense, you couldn't make this ---- up!

Ask that Trump bloke about building fences though.

Absolute nonsense, you couldn't make this **** up!
I think it was a German who said that a man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world. And allegedly that wall is only two miles long. So anybody with good enough eyesight will just walk round it.:D

I think it was a German who said that a man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world. And allegedly that wall is only two miles long. So anybody with good enough eyesight will just walk round it.:D
Thank God for the watery bit between France and us.......

Reply to Britain Leave the European Union (Please be polite with other people's views) in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock