Discuss British Forums Now Online in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Mod
Reaction score
My and @Lou thought we'd knock up a new forum yesterday so looked through some domain names we have, and rather than start something else business or automotive-related we thought we'd try something new so we went for more of a social theme with BritishForums.co.uk.

So far we've sorted out the bulk of the forum categories, and have started to post a few threads. We've stuck a British business directory on there, and have a competition running where you can win a £25 amazon voucher (stole the idea from somewhere else ;) ;) ).

Some of the categories we have include:-
Loads of other categories, and there's a suggestion box too so you can suggest more if you can think of anything that could be particularly popular with others. We're aiming to get some people on board who can help build up some of the categories, and then perhaps become moderators of them. So if you're up for helping and would like to join in, just register and send me a PM on there with your ideas etc and I'll see what tools and things I can get setup to help you.

This one's more of a hobby for me and Lou. It can get repetitive working with forums when they're mostly business-orientated and we have to keep our professional hats on. We fancied doing one that's a bit light and has more of a social feel for us.

So this is it. :)

Hope you like it, and take time to register. :D

Yay new forum! I'm finding it interesting to be involved with building one from scratch!

Please join it and enter the competition!

Thanks guys and gals

BritishForums.co.uk - British Forums | for everything British - http://www.britishforums.co.uk/ - Updated it a bit more. I like the homepage article thing. I could see that being used on ElectriciansForums eventually.

I'm back in work now so will be working on the trade forums. Really need to get this and the plumbing forum over to the new server that all the others are now on. Then update/fix them. The bugginess is really starting to annoy me now. So I can't imagine how annoyed you guys are who are using it more than I am.

Good luck with it and I will stick my head in when I get time to have a proper look around.

Reply to British Forums Now Online in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net