Discuss BS3036 Asbestos Fuse Carrier?? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hiya guys, been taking our tonnes of bs3036 Wylex boards recently and have noticed a little pad on the carrier for the fuse I presume is to be heat resistant when the wire melts, anyone know whether these are asbestos? I have attached a picture of the little piece in question!
(It’s the little grey bit in the middle of the blue carrier)

image.jpg

TBH I'm not sure but even if it was it would be a low risk class as it is a solid pellet, the risky ones are the fibrous ones or if you drill through the stuff and cause fine dust and inhale it.
To put this in context asbestos was in many building materials back in the day but a very low risk as they were sealed in a solid construct.

i'd get rid if that mite attractive fur mat and install solid oak flooring.

Reply to BS3036 Asbestos Fuse Carrier?? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

[EDIT 2056] Sorry, I think I’ve got my wires crossed and OhMe haven’t been very helpful in detailing what I need to do/say to N-Power except for...
Replies
Views
N
Hello, I recently bought a 1960s-built house. It had an electric storage heater in it that I wanted to remove. A notice on the heater said to...
Replies
Views
Eskimo
E
A
Hi guys I’m new to this site however just thought I’d give my best explanation of what the AM2 was like. If this is in the wrong forum I’m very...
Replies
Views
Enclosed is a picture of a mains incoming supply to a block of flats as you probably already know. Now ignoring the odvoius faults (no blank...
Replies
Views
S
Hello, I have just joined the forum. I'm not an electrician (I'm a doctor) so please forgive me if my terminology is not correct. I'm starting...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock