Discuss BS7671:2018 Proposed Changes in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

..... how can something we've been doing/using for decades suddenly become dangerous overnight,............
This bit scares me ,must be documented cases of mistakes / failures / near misses .
(Like my ISO man at work , a continous process of improvement (at a cost),documenting mistakes , for areas to concentrate efforts on )
Cost -vs- Benefit . (legal twists pass on responsibility ?)
We may have come from well enginered culture , and are letting things slip ,
and maintanace costs get passed down to next customer .

This bit scares me ,must be documented cases of mistakes / failures / near misses .
(Like my ISO man at work , a continous process of improvement (at a cost),documenting mistakes , for areas to concentrate efforts on )
Cost -vs- Benefit . (legal twists pass on responsibility ?)
We may have come from well enginered culture , and are letting things slip ,
and maintanace costs get passed down to next customer .
Eh ??????

What is the crack with upgrading to 18th Edition will my company pay for it amd the regs books? Will they schedule it for when the regs change over or what? I was only an apprentice when it went from 16 to 17

What is the crack with upgrading to 18th Edition will my company pay for it amd the regs books? Will they schedule it for when the regs change over or what? I was only an apprentice when it went from 16 to 17
Wishful thinking Hardwired, wishful thinking, unless you are working for a very large company with it's own training budget.

My company will be picking up the tab for the course along with the cost of the new 18th Edition book. The downside is that as a sole trader, I am the company. :(

So the TAX man gets you anyhow , offering taxible freebies to employees ?

Whereas HMRC considers a limited company to be a separate legal entity from whoever owns the company, a sole trader and his business are considered to be one and the same legal entity.

Fees incurred for any training courses that are wholly or necessarily for the purposes of the trade are a legitimate deductible business expense which can be set-off against tax.

Reply to BS7671:2018 Proposed Changes in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net