Discuss BT Line Test Phone? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

BigSi

-
Reaction score
Hi all.

I was hoping somebody on here might know a little about a BT test unit that I recently purchased. From what I can gather it’s a Commtel T-328 275A MK.4 BT phone line tester. To be honest, I don’t think that’s it’s ever been used due to the condition of the unit and leads (still in bag and tie wrapped). Despite many hours searching on-line, I haven’t found anything about it (or even any pictures).

If anybody could enlighten me on this, I would be most grateful.

BT Line Test Phone? Image 01 - EletriciansForums.netBT Line Test Phone? Image 02 - EletriciansForums.netBT Line Test Phone? Image 03 - EletriciansForums.netBT Line Test Phone? Image 04 - EletriciansForums.net

Many thanks, Simon.

Google Groups is just a web interface for 'Usenet' groups, and a poor one at that.
If someone were to post to uk.telecom, it'd be far easier to just use a free News server, and have a free downloaded reader on their computer.(I dont think uk.telecom will help with that tester)
You'll have to register to get access to a newsserver (or, maybe your ISP still provides one?), but once that is done, you have acces to all of Usenet, without the very poor Google interface.

Google Groups is just a web interface for 'Usenet' groups, and a poor one at that.
If someone were to post to uk.telecom, it'd be far easier to just use a free News server, and have a free downloaded reader on their computer.(I dont think uk.telecom will help with that tester)
You'll have to register to get access to a newsserver (or, maybe your ISP still provides one?), but once that is done, you have acces to all of Usenet, without the very poor Google interface.
does anyone still use newsgroups?

This unit is for use inside a phone exchange. That is why it takes a -50V supply and has indications for P-wire status (the third signalling wire that follows a trunk through the switching train). You can seize and busy a circuit, monitor it over a 4-wire connection etc. I am not sure what use it would be on the end of a phone line - there were different types of testers for that. I probably have tech bumf on this one somewhere though.

Do not push the BIG RED BUTON you might start a war, as we all know telephones are the devils work and it's better to talk face to face

Reply to BT Line Test Phone? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock