Discuss buglar alarm in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

F

fire

i have never installed a buglar alarm before and wanted to do one in my own home. could anyone give some advise on installing and reccomend a good make, i was looking for the one that can be programmed with my phone number in it so it alerts me when it goes off.

please help.

thanks

I use Texecom Veritas R8+ or Excel panels wired using the E.O.L. resistor method and use a Texecom speech & text dialler for simple comms

agree. for a first install, the veritas is ideal. unless you want to go wireless. easier installation but costlier in materials.

Have a look at HKC they are hybrid (wired or wireless)and have speech /text /digi built in they also support eol or double pole wiring
be careful about some of the text message ready systems from some manufacturesif they use an 07*** number as many of the gsm operators appear to block textrequests from landlines the honeywell galaxy has these issues and despite afirmware update and a service number change from o2 to vodaphone the issues arestarting to show again
the HKC uses the bt text server so no issues.

Have a look at HKC they are hybrid (wired or wireless)and have speech /text /digi built in they also support eol or double pole wiring
be careful about some of the text message ready systems from some manufacturesif they use an 07*** number as many of the gsm operators appear to block textrequests from landlines the honeywell galaxy has these issues and despite afirmware update and a service number change from o2 to vodaphone the issues arestarting to show again
the HKC uses the bt text server so no issues.

the problem with text from intruder panels isnt down to any manufacturer its the tel' providers,its a free to use text service that i belive was used for pagers that is being phased out and isnt supported anymore,its not to be relied on,id use a speech dialer personally.

I agree it is the tel providers but the manufacturers are also to blame
bt give a landline text bundle with there phone packages and maintain ther own server which is the one used by all text capable dect phones and is specific for landlines and appears to use a different format, and the only alarm system that uses this that i have found so far is the htc all the others use the gsm servers which can be restricted for landline access making them unreliable. and most text ready alarms will not work on the bt server due to the message format used for gsm.
i agree speach is better but customers want text untill it stops working

I agree it is the tel providers but the manufacturers are also to blame
bt give a landline text bundle with there phone packages and maintain ther own server which is the one used by all text capable dect phones and is specific for landlines and appears to use a different format, and the only alarm system that uses this that i have found so far is the htc all the others use the gsm servers which can be restricted for landline access making them unreliable. and most text ready alarms will not work on the bt server due to the message format used for gsm.
i agree speach is better but customers want text untill it stops working

the problems are with the free to use text service such as o2 vodaphone t-mobile,they were great in the early days and no extra cost to the customer,a line with text enabled should have no problems if using a dedicated text server but i wouldnt use it as a sole means of signalling,better off with a dialer and gsm back up or a gsm primary if that what the customer wants which will be more reliable than a free to use centre number

Reply to buglar alarm in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net