Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss building control bless em ! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. kung

kung Electrician's Arms

Hi all
    Decided to do some domestics in spare time while its a bit quiate so as you do took quals to building control and application for garage CU for assessment and they very kindly tidied my wallet but stole £137.00 bless em anyway the nice guy said to go ahead and now after 3days recieved a confirmation of notice :) BUT its got my address on it ! DAM so rang them and the nice lady said ah yes our error ir'll amend it :rolleyes: AND now for the big booboo after 1st fix they want test certs ! ok ! and all work has to be done to BS7671 wait for it wait for it ! 2001 :eek: informed the nice lady thats 16th ed surely it has to be done to BS7671 2008 17th edition :rolleyes:
    Dont you just luv em ? :D

2. JASON

JASON Electrician's Arms

Is it any wonder????

3. kung

kung Electrician's Arms

Hi all
    Quick update got the amended building controll notice today in the post with right address now ! still reads i need to install to BS7671 2001 and after 1st fix supply them with cert to BS7671 2001 ! Is it me or am i missing something here ? so now they want me to work to 16th ed lol already informed them its BS7671 2008 17th ed !
    I give up !

4. rodney12

rodney12 Electrician's Arms

Is it their attempt at a really poor april fools joke maybe.....

5. kung

kung Electrician's Arms

Looks like it doesnt it ! mabe i will dig out an old 16th EIC and include that for them lol

6. JASON

JASON Electrician's Arms

At least the materials cost will be cheaper:D

7. johnnyb

johnnyb Guest

Do you want me to send yer a nice Wylex CU with nice red blue and white carriers with a nice wood surround, see what they say then.

8. kung

kung Electrician's Arms

Only if the wooden back has a hole in it or could load up with show us your installs spares ;)

I like cheap :D

pain thing is the supply cable is on concen wire support and is 9ft above ground not 3.5 mtrs as no motor traffic under so its pickaxe time !

Last edited: Apr 1, 2009