Discuss Building control fees. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Sparkattack

I recently contacted my local building control regarding a cu change in a domestic premises regarding fees for them to check and sign off my work with regards to Part P, as i am not registered myself to self-certify. They quoted £235 to carry this out, is this about right compared to other areas? I thought this was rather expensive, the work being carried out is in the Worcestershire area.
Then I contacted them further to see if i could get this fee reduced if I did all the inspection and testing myself and issused the relavent certificate myself. I managed to get it reduced to £211! I am now considering to get someone whos registered to complete the work as it doesnt seem to be worth my while.

I know third party notification is usually frowned on and I recently declined a newbuild that was 1st fixed and the usual excuse "the spark has moved away"Yea ok

In the case of a consumer unit change,I would have no such reservations in coming and testing, and doing the notifying, for considerably less than the building control fee

Get a local registered guy and give Labc the elbow

yeah i might look at getting someone in whos registered to do it, would rather put the money towards maybe getting registered myself as i have a number of jobs lined up but i am unable to do myself without notifying to building control at that fee.

cheers guys

yeah i might look at getting someone in whos registered to do it, would rather put the money towards maybe getting registered myself as i have a number of jobs lined up but i am unable to do myself without notifying to building control at that fee.

cheers guys

In the past people have suggested doing the work yourself, using said work to be assessed on, then notifying once (hopefully) you have been accepted onto the scheme. People have said that ELECSA allow this, but that NICEIC want to see that it has been notified before they will let you use it as part of your assessment.

Reply to Building control fees. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net