Discuss building in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

Ken77

Hi,

I am currently in the process of designing lighting installation for a church hall, and am trying to come up with an economical and practical solution to fulfil these requirements

Client wants dimmerable energy efficient solution, with surface mounted / track lighting.

Current lighting arrangement is 35 x 60w Par lamps, split over 7 circuits. Lux level at ground is not sufficient. The height of the roof ranges from 15ft up to 22ft in parts.

Question is, has anyone got any recommendation as to a suitable energy efficient dimmerable solution.

Some has mentioned metal halide lamps, but I have no experience with these.

All input welcome.

Lighting for the room or lighting for a stage area (you mentioned PARs)? What size PARs? 36? 56? 64?

Lightwave RF (.com) have some nice dimmer switches and it's remote controllable and computer controllable and smart-phone controllable. It will dim LEDS, Halogens and incandesants... Not CFLs though.

What's the size of the hall too?

Par 36. The building is a public hall within a church building. The hall itself is sizeable but main issue is light are attached to ceiling which slopes from 15 ft up to 22ft so increases the need for lighting with decent output to keep decent lux level at ground. LED will be cost prohibitive for client, and they wanted a dimmable solution that was energy efficient. So far I am drawing a blank as LED seems the only option, but is out of budget. Think I going to have to tell client that what they want is not achievable.

But halogens are fairly cheap and quite efficient in comparison. They are a lot brighter than LEDs too aren't they?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II via Tapatalk

Reply to building in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net