Discuss Bulbs buzzing in touch lamps in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I know nothing about electrics, so I thought I'd ask you fine lads and ladies.

We bought these lamps:

www.habitat.co.uk/maya-pair-of-metal-touch-lamps-with-grey-fabric-shades-376732

They support up to 40W bulbs and, as they're touch (three levels of brightness), we bought some dimmable bulbs. These are the ones we bought:

e-Luminate, E14, Candle, LED (6W, eqv 40W), dimmable, 2700K, voltage 220-240V 50/60 Hz. Code 45456.

However, each of the three lamp brightness settings cause the bulbs to have an annoying buzz. Each level has a different volume of buzz but it's annoying nonetheless.

Any ideas what we're doing wrong?

That can and does happen frequently with LED bulbs and dimmers.

Usually with the more budget friendly types.

Edit.

As pointed out above just buy the halogens they are designed for as finding LED's that work would be time consuming, expensive and possibly fruitless. :)

The lamps were probably designed for incandesant lamps NOT led.
I bet if you put in incandesants all buzzing will stop.
Not compatible.
The best advice is to try other brands, you may find one that does not buzz so much or at all.

Last edited:
It’s a halogen capsule, I cannot see why they list it as not dimmable.
I agree. Halogen should mean dimmable, right?

EDIT: Perhaps this is a safer bet, for me:

www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00BNUVHHQ

('2 x Eco Halogen Energy Saving Mini Golf Balls Globes 28W = 40w SES E14 Small Edison Screw Classic Clear Round, Dimmable Light Bulbs Lamps, G45, Mains 240V [Energy Class C])'

£6 for two.

Ahh I missed the NON in NON LED :D :D

Nevermind I missed about half the posts and probably misread them too. ^^

Reply to Bulbs buzzing in touch lamps in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net