Discuss Burglar alarm and CCTV, Advice needed in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Steve*

Hi, Id like to install burglar alarm and CCTV in my home, and was hoping someone could spec me a decent quality setup, at a reasonable budget. Less than £1000. Im a qualified spark with lots of experience with all types of industrial install but very little domestic. A system that could integrate the two would be preffered but not essential.

Ive allways been told to go for wired in the past, but have been led to believe the new wireless system are much better?
If so id go with wireless, to keep thing tidy. Some areas of the house would be simple to wire but others a nightmare.(Bit of both?)

Its a small/medium sized detached, 3 bed, car port, workshop. 6 exterior doors, 2 windows upstairs onto a flat roof.
I think 5 or 6 PIRs, 4 door sensors and 2 cameras, Front/back/internal bell boxes should cover what i need, with room for a little expansion if at a later date.
Would door sensors need to be wired?
Id like to be able to arm the system at night from upstairs, and fobs in addition to keypad.

I dont have a phone line at present, can they work via a sim? signal can be poor in my area.

I think i've covered everything, and thanks for reading my post.

Have a look at risco agility3 for wireless alarm, you can get 2way PIR with in built camera and VUpoint video cams, have keypad next to front door and a wireless slim keypad by your bed, you can fit gsm/gprs module, ip module or pstn module . Will do all you want and a lot more as in turn it on/off take pics and watch live video with your phone

Have a look at risco agility3 for wireless alarm, you can get 2way PIR with in built camera and VUpoint video cams, have keypad next to front door and a wireless slim keypad by your bed, you can fit gsm/gprs module, ip module or pstn module . Will do all you want and a lot more as in turn it on/off take pics and watch live video with your phone

Thanks, looks interesting, website seems a little glitchy though. Any idea of the typical cost of this system?

Website having work dun to it this weekend,
As for price think for yours will be about £800 ish, give them a ring, they are very help full will give you discounts on list price and work out all you will need for your setup

Visonic is good, but looks ugly...Texecom Ricochet Elite 24/48 is on of the best kits out, with no range problems. 5 x pirs, 2 live bellboxes etc aprox £350-£400.
CCTV Night Devil HD domes, are a great quality camera, no need for external lighting at night, will work down to 0.02 lux £140. 4 Channel HD dvr 2TB Hard drive £300.

The Texecom Ricochet Elite, is soon to be discontinued so Premier elite would be the one to get priced?

Looks like buying cctv as a separate system is the way to go?

Ill make some phone calls and get some prices tomorrow.

Thanks for the recommendations, ill post again when prices are in.

Reply to Burglar alarm and CCTV, Advice needed in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net