Discuss Burglar Alarm and Speech Dialer in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Dru

I am installing a texecom veritas 8 alarm panel and a texecom premier odyssey bell box.

i can't get the strobe or sounder to work on the bell box.

Any suggestions? It's my first attempt and I'm pretty clueless.

i also need to Install an Informa speech dialer. Can anyone tell me how to do this as I don't know which terminals to connect to in the alarm panel

help appreciated

thanks

1.check wiring to external sounder.

2. read instructions for autodialler connections.

check panel fuses. you might have blown one.

There is 12volts at the bell box because the LEDs illuminate. The right one flashes fast which the manual says it means that "hold of is active and the tamper circuit is closed"

i can't seem to get it off hold off mode.

Any ideas?

just beacuse you have power to bell box, does not idicate correct wiring, only indictes unit has hold off voltage.....Have you enabled the jumper pin on bell box, from test to active

There are only 3 jumpers.

battery
scb mode
Low current mode

there are no others. The issue will be something silly like that I imagine as I have no experience in alarms and I am probably not doing something basic

ok need to do some tests to prove cable, leave all cables in place...short out with a piece of wire, terminals D & B on the V8 panel...Siren should sound......then short out D & S, the strobe should flash....once this is done we can then move on

ok need to do some tests to prove cable, leave all cables in place...short out with a piece of wire, terminals D & B on the V8 panel...Siren should sound......then short out D & S, the strobe should flash....once this is done we can then move on

Thats what I was getting at in this post

Having just read the instructions for this, it gives you several things to test the bell and strobe, have you carried them out?

Ok this now proves either faulty bell box, or incorrect wiring.....when you post wiring diagram, post what you have actually connected, not just copy manual

I'm sure the wiring is correct. It's hard to get wrong

- - - Updated - - -

Really appreciate this by the way

Attachments

• image.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 42

Reply to Burglar Alarm and Speech Dialer in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net