Discuss Burnt out ballast EICR Coding in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Regulation 642.2 (iii)
The inspection shall be made to verify that the installed Electrical equipment is:

Not visibly damaged or defective so as to impair safety.

This is from the 18th edition so naturally it’s predecessor may be different but I do not have the 17th available at the moment to compare.

Now admittedly this forms part of the initial verification process but I’d be prepared to use the same regulation method for periodic inspection

Also see 651.2 regarding periodic inspection and testing note (ii) in particular

I was going to look for a specific Reg tomorrow but I had absolutely no doubt that a Reg would be there to cover this.

How can anyone even think it is ok to no code this is beyond me.

I was going to look for a specific Reg tomorrow but I had absolutely no doubt that a Reg would be there to cover this.

How can anyone even think it is ok to no code this is beyond me.
It’s almost the same(tongue in cheek) as a burnt out pin on a socket but ignoring it on the grounds that it’s not fixed wiring.

Regulation 642.2 (iii)
The inspection shall be made to verify that the installed Electrical equipment is:

Not visibly damaged or defective so as to impair safety.

This is from the 18th edition so naturally it’s predecessor may be different but I do not have the 17th available at the moment to compare.

Now admittedly this forms part of the initial verification process but I’d be prepared to use the same regulation method for periodic inspection

Also see 651.2 regarding periodic inspection and testing note (ii) in particular
It is worded differently in both book.

We never quote Reg Nos as they mean nothing to a large percentage of people. Anyone who decides not to include an item of potentially dangerous equipment in the Report should not be carrying out EICRs as they themselves are potentially dangerous.

The report is carried out to ensure the installation complies with BS7671 though, do you also note other defects on site such as items not being in date on PAT?

, if you think otherwise I'm sorry your just being a tw*t.

If you are going to start calling people names then I suggest you dont post anything, this place is about debate and opinions as adults and about being reasonable and respectful.

That is a ridiculous scenario.
Why is it? Where do you draw the line at what put on your report? As after all a out of date PAT could lead to a similar consequence? Wjat about light fittings that come pre wired, do we also have to strip them down too to ensure everything imternally is fine?

Do you not check for cpc at metalic fittings in little old dorris's lounge? Or is that outside of the electrical installation?

If you come accross an extract fan with a toasy pcb and melted internals in a bathroom do you ignore it?

Luminaires are CLEARLY equipment and form part of the installation as defined in the regs and should be inspected.

And whilst the aim of this forum is to factually assist and help each other, we can also voice our opinions, as i have done, and i stand by.

Do you not check for cpc at metalic fittings in little old dorris's lounge? Or is that outside of the electrical installation?

If you come accross an extract fan with a toasy pcb and melted internals in a bathroom do you ignore it?

Are we talking in the scenario of carrying out a EICR?

All eicrs, dont get why you had to pm me, you voiced a rediculous statement that they do not form part of the installation and i called you a "fill in the blank" because of it, if i made an equally rediculous statement i would expect to be called out for it aswell.

Are we talking in the scenario of carrying out a EICR?

Yes EICR see the original posts. Regs have been quoted to cover the situation. And even your own photo has shown equipment (like a light fitting) make up part of the installation.
621.2 iii

Installation deteriorated to impair safety

If I was a paying customer I would expect something to be flagged up for that. Code or not.

Reply to Burnt out ballast EICR Coding in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock