Discuss Busbar trunking in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Shaun12

I need to modify a rewinder paper machine. It has 9 motors in a row that each turn a blade to cut the larger reel down to size. The motors need to be able to move approx 30cm each side, to select the size of paper to cut. They are currently on a cat track but they are falling to pieces due to age/misuse by operators.

Does anyone know of a busbar/power trunking solution that allows me to plug in multiple three phase sockets, even better if the sockets can move in the trunking?

You cannot get a better trunking than ottermill, to be fair your post is less than helpful, more info would be needed, also schnieder are a good bet, why not re-post with a bit more info.

What info would make it easier? I've only had a quick look, just sorting through ideas in my head at the moment.

I'll check out ottermill

What info would make it easier? I've only had a quick look, just sorting through ideas in my head at the moment.

I'll check out ottermill
well not trying to insult but the equipment connected to the busbar under fault conditions would help, you can look in the 17th edition regs book if your unsure what that means. You need to consider total load and fault conditions when selecting Busbar, the type of tapoff boxes and current ratings are paramount, ottermill for example is heavy industrial, MEM is almost domestic, schinder commercial, if you could itemise your likely load then I could help more.

Ok. I was literally just looking for ideas at the moment. I have seen busbar trunking before. However, I have never seen it used in a heavy industrial environment and with sockets that can move or be adjusted (does that even exist?). I literally need one 3 metre length. I'll get the details of the motors tomorrow.

Ottermill don't seem to have a website?

Ok. I was literally just looking for ideas at the moment. I have seen busbar trunking before. However, I have never seen it used in a heavy industrial environment and with sockets that can move or be adjusted (does that even exist?). I literally need one 3 metre length. I'll get the details of the motors tomorrow.

Ottermill don't seem to have a website?
Google is a great tool, anyhow that said busbar ratings are important, there is no need to install a 400 amp busbar if the load will not exceed 100 amps, the type required depends on the load, that brings me back to my first question regarding load a few posts back, if you want my or another sparks opinion free of charge at least give me/ us some input so we can help.

Obviously I googled it and obviously there are specifics to consider. I am perfectly capable of working it out myself. I was purely asking if what I had in mind existed.

Obviously I googled it and obviously there are specifics to consider. I am perfectly capable of working it out myself. I was purely asking if what I had in mind existed.
Okay fella, you don't want my help, good luck to you, all the very best.

Mike

Under the circumstances I won't post it up, you are not worth helping, you are sarcastic, incompetant and as daft as a brush.

You won't find it because they wound up in 2004 :sailor:
Wrong, 2003, but they were taken over, they still manufacuture and irrelevent of this the OP needs help regarding design current, you are a chimp, and are not capable of assisting him, try to leave the answers to questions to the big boys, not the nancy boys.

No, you won't post it because it doesn't exist.
When looking at contactors, does the coil voltage refer to auxiliary a1/a2 such as 24v supplied from a plc output and contact voltage rating refers to the feed/load being switched? If a contactor is rated to 690v/3-pole could it be used for 415v/3pole or 230v single pole?

after reading this post I now leave immediately and realise you are totally incompetant lol.

Reply to Busbar trunking in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net