Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Business bank account in the Business Related area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Dizzy_Maskell

Dizzy_Maskell Electrician's Arms

So I'm taking plunge and going for the ltd company route.

I know I need set up a business bank account who uses what and why Llyods small business account looks good but any advice greatly accepted

2. Murdoch

Murdoch Electrician's Arms

I've had a Lloyds account for the last 6 years - the reason I chose Lloyds was purely because there is a branch within walking distance of home. Never had a problem with them and all the staff in the local branch know me and are really helpful if I have any questions.

There is a small account charge but that's just a cost of being in business.

There is no point in opening a "cheaper" account if its further away!

3. Dizzy_Maskell

Thanks mate

• Like Like x 1
  4. Andy78

Andy78 Trusted Advisor

Santander for me. Fixed monthly fee covers all my regular transactions. Works out less than half what HSBC were grasping off me a month in separate transaction charges.
    I can drop cheques into the post office a few hundred yards from my house too.

5. Welchyboy1

Welchyboy1 Electrician's Arms

Santander for me too

6. jeremy

jeremy Trusted Advisor

Lloyds for me, though i'd recommend setting it up, signing stuff, in person with one of their commercial staff rather than doing it on line. In person everything was ready to start banking pretty much the same day. After a period of company dormancy, I opened up a new account online, and it took about 3 weeks. After 18 months i wanted a loan to buy a new truck, (quite a large loan!!) and they were really keen to help. No experience of any other banks, but quite satisfied with Lloyds.

7. Dizzy_Maskell

That's great thanks guys.
    Do I need to set myself up as a ltd company first or after or does it not matter ?

8. Leesparkykent

Leesparkykent Super Moderator Staff Member Trusted Advisor

set the ltd company up 1st as they will need your company number.

9. vxwestie

vxwestie Electrician's Arms

Out of interest, how much is the standing fee on Santander?

10. Andy78

Andy78 Trusted Advisor

• Like Like x 1
  11. Murdoch

Murdoch Electrician's Arms

With respect to fees charged, Lloyds charge quite a high charge to pay in cash - so I pay any cash I have into my private Lloyds account and then "pay" the bill into my business account with a BACs payment so its free!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Guest77

Guest77 Guest

I used Nat west for my business account, and I use Santander for my personal account, HTHs

13. highspark

highspark Electrician's Arms

When I set up my Santander Business Account they were offering fixed free banking! I don't pay any fees for any transactions! Including paying in cash. This was 5 years ago mind!