Discuss Business Networking in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

I was in BNI for almost a year and it was useful. It cost £500 to join then £8 a week for the breakfast - I got work worth 4 times the joining fee in the first month. After that I got a steady stream of small jobs.
It does require a fair amount of commitment and as dp alluded to above it is quite americanised.
There are lots of other networking groups out there including Chamber of Commerce etc some dont have any joining fees - you just pay per meeting.
Most allow you to go to a meeting or two for free before you decide to join.
If you want to get more business then its worth a try in my opinion.

more like mormons. the only good thing to come from america was the jeep cherokee.

Has anyone ever been to a business networking group? Are they useful or just a load of waffle?

Nah mate, you can get bacon and eggs as well. Anyway, I would rather the local chamber of commerce, that and the local golf club. And of course find you local pub that has the self-employed traders in and become a reguarly on a Friday night but don't forget to get a round in. Recession or not..!

Reply to Business Networking in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have recently gone self employed, I am eager to get started but finding it difficult to drum up business. I have tried marketing myself on...
Replies
Views
Hello to everyone. I have just joined and hope to get a lot of info from members here. I have been in the industry sense my early days in the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
CityElectricalSupply.com (CES) are an electrical supplier across the United States with over 550 branches coast to coast. Here in the UK we...
Replies
Views
An Invitation to Retired Electricians anywhere except the UK with Four Days a Month for a Niche Opportunity That Can Earn 15K a Year. There are...
Replies
Views
Hi So basically I went self employed at the end of January and I am currently subbying back to my old boss. I'm not originally from where I live...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock