Discuss Buying IET Regulation books in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

I ordered mine from here Wiring Regulations & Guidance Notes for Electricians - Wiring Regs - https://www.wiringregulations.net/ BBB, GN3 and OSG £140 including delivery charge. I tried to see if my go-to wholesaler could do better but the best they could do was £165.
The price is aggravating though knowing that they are probably already drafting amendments to bring out in the near future to part us from more cash!!!
They aren't drafting the future amendments they have already got them waiting for another milking of their cash cow.

When I bought the Regs for another country they were £50 for a ring bound copy and you got all updates and amendments free You were responsible for keeping it up to date by contacting the government printer regularly to get the amendments and insert them into your file

When I bought the Regs for another country they were £50 for a ring bound copy and you got all updates and amendments free You were responsible for keeping it up to date by contacting the government printer regularly to get the amendments and insert them into your file
Bluudy good idea, for the cost of this publication it would make sense and be cost effective for the buying electricians, updates would cost but no where near as much as buying new books every so often. It would increase the pride in the document, people would be glad to keep it updated for a mere fraction of the cost of buying new books etc, the IET need to listen to the people they cater for, and not how many pound notes they can stuff into their coffers, in short the IET need modernising, all these new publications every 6 months or so, the courses are a joke, as are the exams, when most of us know it's only an exercise in navigating a BS, glad I have no need to update, although I probably will, just to keep up with you lot.

Bluudy good idea, for the cost of this publication it would make sense and be cost effective for the buying electricians, updates would cost but no where near as much as buying new books every so often. It would increase the pride in the document, people would be glad to keep it updated for a mere fraction of the cost of buying new books etc, the IET need to listen to the people they cater for, and not how many pound notes they can stuff into their coffers, in short the IET need modernising, all these new publications every 6 months or so, the courses are a joke, as are the exams, when most of us know it's only an exercise in navigating a BS, glad I have no need to update, although I probably will, just to keep up with you lot.

When I migrated from the 15th Edition my 16th (blue) edition was ring bound file and the updates were free to download and insert, so City and Guilds have done it before, but not since

All in it together Mate, make as much dosh as you can and bugger the working classes.

Reply to Buying IET Regulation books in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net