Discuss Buzzing sound coming from LED downlights in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi, I've recently put in a completely new wiring system into my house.

All the circuits are working as they should but the 2no. light circuits in the kitchen are making a buzzing sound.

The downlights are the Ansell Prism colour selectable LEDs. I have these across the entire house and the rest work just fine.

I have checked all the downlights for any loose connections and all seem to be as they should be. I have also removed all but the first downlight from each circuit and the light fitting is still buzzing.

I know this is common when dimmers are concerned but this is a standard light switch (BG Nexus type).

Has anyone come across this or have any ideas on what may be the problem?

Thanks, Dean.

Assume you've carried out your intial testing & inspection of this circuit? Have you tried connecting the 'buzzing' luminaires to a 'bench circuit' from say a socket outlet?

The project is still on-going. I simply connected them into the CU yesterday to enable works to carry on with lights in the evening.

I'll carry out the tests on the circuit and try the first spotlight on a socket outlet as suggested also.

Thanks Midwest.

The project is still on-going. I simply connected them into the CU yesterday to enable works to carry on with lights in the evening.

I'll carry out the tests on the circuit and try the first spotlight on a socket outlet as suggested also.

Thanks Midwest.

If its a new circuit or altered, it should be tested before energising :)

All sorted. I had the spotlights hanging from the ceiling. Due to the amount of lights hanging and on top of that these particular lights being quite loud, the sound in the room was very loud. I checked another light fitting in another room that was fitted into the ceiling and it sounded the same on its own.

They’re all in now making a bit of noise above the ceiling rather than below it at least.

Reply to Buzzing sound coming from LED downlights in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net