Discuss C&G 2365 L2&L3 Progression? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi guys, Iv lurked on the forums for a few years now as it always seems to relay exactly what im asking/looking for so thought id sign up and get a post in.

Im 24 and currently hold the C&G Level 2 & 3 Diploma, started as it just entered colleges in Lancashire area (attended St. Helens tech). As you will know the 2365 was an introductory route for employed and unemployed replacing earlier C&G quals (2357 I believe).

I gained apprenticeship employment shortly after completing the majority of the level 3 diploma but this unfortunatey didnt work out due to relocating from Wigan to West Yorks, since completeing the diplomas iv worked self employed as an improver, I have floated by doing this for 6 years now and am seriously looking at biting the bullet and getting the am2, portfolio completion, bridging course, 18th edition etc and potentially employment as a certified electrician.

After searching around and trying to find what would be best suited to my situation (realstically I am am2 ready) I havent nailed down either a price or certain route....

My long last question is...can anybody (and your a useful bunch!) give me a basic idea of how this should be done (ie permanant employment + college or tradeskills4u style) and what to expect to spend?

If anyone can elaborate it'd be hugely appreciated, I have faith!

You say after completing the majority of your level 3 diploma it didnt work out then you went on to say after completing your diplomas.

Not 100% sure but to start your NVQ you will need to have completed the level 3 tech, what units do you have left to complete on your level 3, do you have level 3 certificates for the units you have already completed for evidence.

You may have to enrol in the a level 3 evening course but not sure how that would work especially if you have completed many of the units already.

I dont think the likes of Tradeskills4u do the NVQ's anymore, and if they did it would cost an absolute fortune from them but I have heard nothing but great reviews for XS training who may be best to contact to see what advice they can give you.

Best of luck

Reply to C&G 2365 L2&L3 Progression? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net