Discuss C&G 2377 Portable Aplliance Testing Questions in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

dichroic

Hi Guys, Practice questions for those studying towards the 2377 Exam.

Regards

Dichroic;)

Attachments

• HT2055 SAMPLE 2377 QUESTIONS 20.04.2005.doc
    96.5 KB · Views: 698
Where are the answers? i havent got money to waste on the 3rd edition book

I don't rate your chances of passing if your not familiar with the book the examination based on. Get a copy of the Code of Practice, read it and inwardly digest, there are no substitutes for knowing the book. The more of the book you know and understand the easier the questions become ... surprise, surprise!

Code of Practice for In-service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment: Amazon.co.uk: Iee: Books

I bought the iee city and guilds exam success book it has all the answers and questions in there, but none of the questions come up in the real test making the book an absolute con, I recently complained to city and guilds expressing my frustration

but are they proper sparkys tho they might be able to pull 2.5mm for sockets an 1.5mm for lights L-N-E.. you turn up on time , you listen, you ask questions you take down notes and you take any handouts for free..

Cheers dich, I'm on my moblie at the min does it have answers with it too? P"u your not allowed to take notes into exam if we was then yeah it would be a walk in the park

The idea isn't to learn all the questions and answers parrot-fashion - that would be cheating.
You're supposed to look up the answers in the book.

The actual book, the one you take into the exam, this one:
IEE Code of Practice - IEE 3rd Edition Code Of Practice Electrical Equipment
is the only book you really need. The answers are in that, all ready for you to look up.

I don't think 80% is too much to ask for considering you've got all the answers in front of you.

I bought the iee city and guilds exam success book
Why didn't you just buy the proper book though?
And if you're 'never going to use' the book why are you doing the course?
You need the book for the course, and the idea is you refer back to it when you're actually doing the inspection and testing in the real world. That's why they test you on it.

I've done pat testing for a company for 4 years and not once used the book, its just a massive con, I'm a competent tester jus not in the eyes of city and guilds,

I dont understand the frustrations regarding all of the above, and i am not challenging anyones competence.

Pat testing has got a bad name, but it is a legal requirement, and if it isn't done properly you can and will be prosecuted.

If you don't have the book, how do you know all the frequencies of formal visual inspections, combined inspection and tests or who should carry out user checks in a hotel or school for example?

This table in the book is guidance only, but if you go over the recommended schedule without carrying out the inspection and test at those frequencies, then you are going to have a seriously bad day in court if someone gets hurt

If for example an appliance failed, but by deducting the resistance of the flex it passed, would you know how to do the calculation from the values in the table, have you memorised these tables and values?

Are you aware of all the touch current values in the tables, and test voltages?

Can you recognise deteriorating equipment, and know what the minimum values are?

Being competent in the eyes of City and Guilds is irrelevant. You have to be competent in the eyes of the Electricity at Work Regs, it is that which will be used to prosecute you if something goes bad. Being competent means suitably trained and experienced, not necessarily hold a qualification. The EAWR states that the relevant code of practice is the document to use, so if you are doing the job without all the information to hand, and at the correct intervals then you are on a sticky wicket. £35 for a book that will cover your backside doesn't seem to expensive to me, given that a day in court would be substantially more expensive, and a lot more inconvenient especially for your family if you were to be given a stay in one of her majesties all inclusive resorts, and it does happen.

Cheers..........Howard

A good post howard and I understand where your coming from. However I got 78 per cent so I know a good sized amount. I think 80 per cent is too high. 35 quid is a lot of money when your on benifits.

80% would be high if it were a closed book exam, but it isn't.
If you speak to your jobcentre adviser they might be able to help you out with funding, even if it is just a loan until you start working again. Some jobcentres even pay for the course and materials, but not all of them do.

Reply to C&G 2377 Portable Aplliance Testing Questions in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net