Discuss C&g 2394 & 2395 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

Blademan_98

Hi All,

My company are sending me on the inspection and test course. I am not training to be an electrician (I am a design engineer) but have been requested to have these qualifications.

I have 17th Edition and guidance note 3, do I need the on site guide too?

Many thanks
B.

Hi All,

My company are sending me on the inspection and test course. I am not training to be an electrician (I am a design engineer) but have been requested to have these qualifications.

I have 17th Edition and guidance note 3, do I need the on site guide too?

Many thanks
B.

[h=2]Equipment required:[/h]IET 17th Edition Wiring Regulations (BS:7671) 2008 (2015)
IET On-site Guide
Guidance Note 3: Inspection and Testing, 6th Edition
Scientific calculator
Course notes will be supplied
Exam Success - Inspection and Testing 2394 and 2395

Tho i think its more GN3 than any thing else.. i think its more a bigger print of the Onsite guide for the testing

Last edited by a moderator:
C&g 2394 & 2395

Ba7671 and gn3 are required but the on site guide is helpful aswell, I'm doing the courses just now, there's a lot to take in and a lot of effort required outside of the classroom, if you understand everything you should be fine the big thing is correct terminology, things slip when you are on site and haven't been in a classroom for years!!! Good luck!

Re: C&g 2394 & 2395

Ba7671 and gn3 are required but the on site guide is helpful aswell, I'm doing the courses just now, there's a lot to take in and a lot of effort required outside of the classroom, if you understand everything you should be fine the big thing is correct terminology, things slip when you are on site and haven't been in a classroom for years!!! Good luck!

https://wordery.com/exam-success-in...h_mplMMiVPW7qJW8HLXYjlq6-WiBFPrXUAaAufD8P8HAQ

This is worth a read.

How did you get on? I am going on the course in November and need all the input I can get!

Cheers
B.

Did alright with it , managed 100% in the multi choice 40 question exam. Passed both written exams as well. The practicals went smoothly also.

You have to complete - 1 multiple choice 40 question exam about 80 minutes allowed for this one., 2394 written exam, 2395 written exam, Both exams are 2 hour time limit. Then a 3 hour practical on Initial verification, & 3 hour practical on periodic inspection.

Thanks for that. I have a lot of studying to do!
B.

If you put the time in i am sure you will be fine with it.

Be familiar with what is statutory and non statutory legislation etc. EAWR, GS38, 7671, guidance notes etc etc.

Read GN3 as much as possible. Practice drawing out the different earth fault loop diagrams and label appropriately. Earth electrode testing etc.

Remember that the use of correct terminology is key in these exams.

Good luck with it all.

Have a look at the city & guilds website and type in the course numbers. You can read the chief examiners report on the latest exams that have taken place. It will give you an idea of where candidates were loosing marks etc.

Have a look at the city & guilds website and type in the course numbers. You can read the chief examiners report on the latest exams that have taken place. It will give you an idea of where candidates were loosing marks etc.
I didn't know that, thanks.
I managed to get a copy of the on site guide in Waterstones today.
I'm looking forward to the challenge!
B.

Just a quick update on my course. Apparently the course is the EAL Level 3 not C&G.
Has anyone else done this course?
I have passed the practical assessments for Initial Verification and I have the written test tomorrow.
Then on to Periodic Testing.
Hopefully I will pass them all :)

all maths exams say that, and NO ONE HAS EVERY CHECKed... even after I've reset mine and lost all my wonderful programs :'(

I did have a mate with a Casio Programmable Calc (one of the first id seen) i programmed it for Triangles and that sort of formulas but i dont think he had a clue how to use his own calculator

Ti83 are nice (like all the Texas Range) Very nice to program

Reply to C&g 2394 & 2395 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net