Discuss C/H thermostat in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

P

pugsley

Evening chaps,

I have an old thermostat which controls our old central heating (picture link below as attachments don’t appear to work for me!).

Where it is situated, the dial often gets knocked by coats etc causing the temperature to rise or fall dependent on how it is bashed. As the wiring is in the wall I don't want to move it so one option is to replace it with a digital one instead. Had a look on the web and I'm losing the will to live because of the vast number that are available.

Are there any that you would recommend to replace the old one? I have no intention of doing it myself and will wait until the C/H engineer turns up in May for the annual service, but I would be grateful for a steer on decent ones.

Many thanks in anticipation.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=...rt.com%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D2449587;640;480

1. If you are relying on a heating engineer to install new thermostat then don't. If you downed a few tequilas, put a blindfold on and had a go yourself you would probably get better result! Get an Electrician to do it.
2. If you have 3 wires at existing stat then you could replace it with an RF stat, with the receiver behind the coats and the Stat in another part of the hall out the way.

So you're not very keen on central heating engineers then? thanks for the response anyway. Would you recommend a particular brand of RF Stat, and is there an advantage to that rather than a hard wired digital thermo?

So you're not very keen on central heating engineers then? Thanks for the response anyway, would you recommend a particular brand of RF Stat.
That was a bit tongue in cheek, I do quite a lot of heating controls and I work with enough of them :). I like the Drayton RF kit myself and also Siemens. Have a look on google and see what you think.

That was a bit tongue in cheek, I do quite a lot of heating controls and I work with enough of them :). I like the Drayton RF kit myself and also Siemens. Have a look on google and see what you think.

Thanks mate, that sounds good, I will go looking!!

Reply to C/H thermostat in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock