Discuss C.K Tools Competition - Stubby VDE Screwdrivers in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Yeah the drill/drivers batteries were different so I bought the impact driver not because I particularly needed it just so I’d get the two batteries with it and have 3 batteries for the SDS I had a little peek in the shop and made sure they were compatible :oops: Even if they aren’t still in your local shop I’m sure you can order them online if your after the impact driver for the extra batteries

Have any of the winners received their 4th Stubby yet? I haven't, just wondering what the hold up is.

Have any of the winners received their 4th Stubby yet? I haven't, just wondering what the hold up is.

Looks like a bit of a cock up on the supply chain / stock management side.

The three I have look OK for the job. Nice to see that they're slim ones. I'd have been inclined to make them half an inch shorter; they'd still have been long enough to reach down the deepest terminal hole in a Crabtree Starbreaker RCBO. I had a job this week where someone had mounted an electric shower just under an overhang. Would have needed a really short stubby to access the top cover screws. I ended up using a loose bit.

I got my 3 out of 4 the PZ2 to follow. I appreciate them as they were free. Thank you CK

I've had chance to try mine a couple of times. Not in the field, in laboratory conditions (the garage) and i like them.

After using soft - touch ones I wasn't sure about the hard plastic but you get used to it. It's easier to keep clean. The tip identifier on the handle is nice and big and much easier to see than the ones I use now. The handle neck would be better with six sides as opposed to the eight, which would make it easier to get a spanner on for those rare occasions when you need extra torque.

The slimline blade is a nice feature, with the insulation let into the shaft. I like the black exposed metal tip which is well machined and appears hard enough to resist wear without being too brittle.

I agree with handy sparks that at 110mm they are not the stubbiest of stubbies.

A quick search didn't reveal anything comparable so I reckon CK have cornered the market a bit here. So if your looking for a stubby these won't disappoint.

As we know from the CK video, these drivers can talk so I think it would be cruel to consign them to a retired old codger's tool box. It would probably be like Michael McIntyre's spice jars . So I'll pass them on to my nephew who is working on new build multi screen cinemas across the country and can make much better use of them than me.

Typically I need a flathead 4mm stubby for work some works we've started...

I've just stumped up for a Wiha to keep my set looking tidy... :D

Mine arrived yesterday - almost used one today but the space was too stubby for the stubby - I muddled and unscrewed by hand as obviously the person before me didn’t have a stubby to do the screw up, which ended up good for me. Oddly enough I used my Aldi thumb screw driver to give it purchase.
Thanks @CK Tools for the freebie, much appreciated.

Reply to C.K Tools Competition - Stubby VDE Screwdrivers in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock