Discuss C2 or C3 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I would value your opinions on this.

I did an EICR and found two lights in a bedroom that are florescent lights so class 1 but the lighting circuit is old and does not have an earth. However, the lights are in vanity units, so you cannot touch the units without dismantling the vanity units. As they cannot be touched, can the C2 for using an earthed fitting on non earthed lighting circuit be downgraded to C3?

The more I think about it, the more I think it has to be changed to class 2 fittings if the client wants a satisfactory result.
I hope this does not mean you are being told what the outcome is to be ! Is there any other class 1 on the circuit ?.if the rest of the installation is in a good state that would outcome a satisfactory result recommend to the client they are disconnected until earthed

Reply to C2 or C3 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I've tried to research and form a plan without asking on here, but I'm just going around in circles. Just completed an EICR. The wiring ranges...
Replies
Views
Good day. First time poster. We recently had an electrician perform the EICR, as this is a newly purchased property I thought'd I would have the...
Replies
Views
I have a baffling problem with a newly-installed PIR floodlight and I'd like advice from the forum as to whether it's defective (and should be...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone Ive just had an electrical condition report conducted on a mixed-use property, and I am extremely surprised that after the last report...
Replies
Views
So I'm getting various responses to this depending on how things are interpreted. Here's a scenario: Assume property is a tenanted property...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock