Discuss C3 and unsatisfactory cert, advice please in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi all,

asked by a friend to go and look at a shop for them and give a cert as requested buy the estate agents,

ive gone and had a quick look, two wylex dis baords, no RCD .

told me mate the boards could to with changing for new and coded this c3, then i (wrongly i assume) put unsatisfactory on the cert.

estate agents have come back with my is it unsatisfactory when there is only a C3 on it??

not sure how to proceed, can just change to satisfactory and re submit i suppose, can a C3 be unsatisfactory and the end of the day its my opinion, even though i do agree with them a bit

basically i did the certs quick for them and he wants me to change the board anyway just getting the estate agent off there backs.

cheers
grand

you'll need to redo the cert. don't just alter the existing one. tell estate agent you made a mistake ticcking unsatisfactory.atleast the agent has actually read the report, not just filed it.

you'll need to redo the cert. don't just alter the existing one. tell estate agent you made a mistake ticcking unsatisfactory.atleast the agent has actually read the report, not just filed it.

yeah thought so, its on easycert to quick and easy to alter and resend

thanks
Grand

That it on the Report no rcd, the mind boggles. Doubt it is worth the paper it is written on.

Hi all,

asked by a friend to go and look at a shop for them and give a cert as requested buy the estate agents,

ive gone and had a quick look, two wylex dis baords, no RCD .

told me mate the boards could to with changing for new and coded this c3, then i (wrongly i assume) put unsatisfactory on the cert.

estate agents have come back with my is it unsatisfactory when there is only a C3 on it??

not sure how to proceed, can just change to satisfactory and re submit i suppose, can a C3 be unsatisfactory and the end of the day its my opinion, even though i do agree with them a bit

basically i did the certs quick for them and he wants me to change the board anyway just getting the estate agent off there backs.

cheers
grand
Did you do any testing?

Last edited:
Many people now see rcd/s, metal board and job done all okay. High time non competent people doing EICRs were stopped you shouldn't need some Guide to join the dots for you.

Many people now see rcd/s, metal board and job done all okay. High time non competent people doing EICRs were stopped you shouldn't need some Guide to join the dots for you.
That's getting nearer the crux of the problem Westy well said, I agree.

Mind you, that guide does say that it is to provide guidance for skilled persons comptetent in electrical inspection and testing.

So maybe its not for the OP after all :D

How you would not know this if carrying out inspections is flabbergasting.
In the section of the report where you state the overall condition of the installation, it even explains what constitutes an unsatisfactory or satisfactory result. On both the model forms and the easycert forms ! This is stated again in the notes at the end of the report.

This information is usually there for the benefit of the recipient of the report.

Mind you, that guide does say that it is to provide guidance for skilled persons comptetent in electrical inspection and testing.

So maybe its not for the OP after all :D
Keep it professional please mate, it was only the smiley face that saved you there.

But for the record- yes anyone carrying out testing should be fully versed in how it is done and what is required to achieve a satisfactory or unsatisfactory REPORT :D

Thats my rant done Pete off to work in a bit, into second week of a months 800+ circuit EICR down in Sussex, no Guide book required:tearsofjoy:
Good luck is it a report or a cert? lol

Its a periodic, nice down here spent day down on coast cos I am away from home with my old medium format cameras.

Please don't take offence Mate, All I was trying to say was don't get personal, Maybe I misread it, if so Apologies.
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Reply to C3 and unsatisfactory cert, advice please in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock