Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss Cabinetry LED lights alternatives in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Y Wall

Y Wall EF Member

Hi all,
    I've recently started a little company selling wooden lamps that have been treated for fire resistance and currently using cabinetry LED spotlights from Ikea (LEDburg). However the cords on these are not optimal and would like traditional cords but can't find an alternative. I do not want to use traditional lamp bayonets as these will affect the lamp design.

Does anyone know of any alternatives that I can use? the Omlopp spotlight would work well if only I could skip the transformer and put a plug directly on as only one light source is needed. Have searched around and can't find any suppliers that offer anything like the Omlopp.
    My lamps can be found via: www.bluebellpeakdesigns.co.uk in case anyone has any better products in mind that I could use.

Any ideas would be most welcome.

2. SparkyChick

SparkyChick Making a banana smoothy for my fave gorilla Staff Member Moderator

Business Name:
    SparkyChick
    Hi Yanina,

I quite like the lights :)

It may help solicit answers if you could show us how you use the lights. I've got a few suggestions about how you may go about it, but they are contingent on exactly what lights you use and how you use them.

Regards

SC

3. Y Wall

Y Wall EF Member

I use the IKEA LEDburg lights LEDBERG LED spotlight White - IKEA - https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/lighting/integrated-lighting/ledberg-led-spotlight-white-art-80400928/ currently as the smaller lamps have been used as night lights/soft table lighting. These work well for me as they come pre wired saving me time. I can simply screw them into the wooden base of the lamp frame.
    However I've started making lamps over 400mm tall so need something beefier than the 50 lumens that the LEDburg give out.
    It's the slenderness of cabinetry LEDs that are great for my designs. I can post a picture tomorrow when back in my workshop if you think that will help.

4. SparkyChick

Business Name:
    SparkyChick
    Based on what you've said, you could purchase a low voltage power supply, you're own lampholders and learn to wire them up yourself.

Then the possibilities are endless :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Y Wall

Y Wall EF Member

Ultimately I would like to do that but struggling with finding the parts.

6. pirate

pirate Regular EF Member

I would start with "options!...but that's just me being pedantic!
    lamps look nice though! Very creative, and great for creating a mood...

7. SparkyChick

Business Name:
    SparkyChick
    Will drop you a private message

8. Shoei

Shoei Regular EF Member

The lamps look good and 'dreaming of unicorns' is especially topical:)

There was a thread here about table lamps a little while ago, there are links to the trade body and standards, that would be worth checking out.

There are plenty of modern lighting products that look traditional, silk covered wire, LEDs that look like they were handmade by Edison, that sort of thing. GX53 mains lamps are a similar size to the Omlopp and are available in a variety of power and colour temperature versions.

Here's an example of a holder
    and one of the many lamps available..

There are dimmable versions but they'd need a mains dimmer suitable for an LED.

• Like Like x 2