Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Cable help in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. keefy

keefy Guest

I am wiring a house that wants HD freesat. The TV guy who is doing the job for the customer is away and I can't contact him. I need to finish the first fix as I said I will do it as he was away!

My plan is to run 2 co-ax (sat grade) from the loft to a distribution point, then 2 cables to 3 different points in the house.

Got a little confused as there is just a rubbish complicated note explaining what is meant to be installed giving acronyms and part numbers (!) , could just do with a simple diagram for a simple spark. Customer believes a CAT5e needs to go in, I don't know what for if it is for the TV or something different. HELP!

2. tonycoysh

tonycoysh Guest

I use an HDMI over CAT5e box it comes from an HDMI splitter out of my sky box then runs up the CAT5 and into the reciever box in our bedroom so we can watch HD upstairs. We change the channel via the coax and magic eye still and still get the sky over coax if we want or HDMI.

I'm sure all of the above is of no use to you, but a simular setup might have been discussed with the customer?