Discuss Cable position with rigid insulation boards- help? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

SHONCRR

Hi,

I am involved with wiring a conversion. The building is a old stone barn. A timber frame has been built internally. Rigid Kingspan foiled backed insulation will be fitted inside the timber frame wall sections and overlaid with additional rigid insulation and plasterboard. It is been suggested that I run cabling between the stone wall and the insulation. I am concerned that damp may come through the wall and follow through my cables. Has anyone been involved in a similar project? If so any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

firstly, is the stonework damp? secondly, make sure the cables are rated according to the installation method used as regards insulation.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. The stonework does not appear damp. It is a very old and very thick wall- made up of whinstone and sandstone. The cables are rated enough for the insulation as it is not a big load in the property- just small lounge/kitchen and 2 ensuite bed.

might be an idea to use oval tube fixed to the stonework. protects cable from any chemical attack and makes rewiring possible.

I done one recently and they formed a void between the rigid insulation and the plasterboard using 1" lath 35mm boxes fitted well and cabels were in free air.

Reply to Cable position with rigid insulation boards- help? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I'm currently refurbishing a room and in the process adding some internal wall insulation. The wall has been stripped and my electrician has...
Replies
Views
I own a top floor tenement flat that I used to live in and then rented out after I married. It is currently empty whilst some work is being done...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Have a relatively simple question. Doing a rewire to make a circuit in a single room. My father is a retired spark, so no worries about a...
Replies
Views
So I have inherited a small job in a commercial clients own home. they want extra sockets in a bedroom they are renovating. The walls are...
Replies
Views
Hi all, looking for some clarification on MCB and cable sizes I need to run for a new kitchen. Cables will run through a combination of...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock