Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss cable selection 600amp 3 phase in the Commercial Electrical Talk area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Johnthefixer

Johnthefixer EF Member

Hi wondering if anyone has any advice on what type of cable would be best.

I need to run a 600amp 3 phase feed with neutral using single core with power lock connectors for just under 50meter across the open floor with short sections in cable ramp, from this it will be broken down into 3x 125amp 3 phase connectors each taking just under 100amp per phase.
    This will feed some 3 phase equipment and also break down into several single phase supplies.
    For shorter runs of this I have used H07RNF at 120mm, but wondering on sizing for this length run and if there are alternatives to H07RNF that would give us the same current capacity still be flexible enough to move and keep with in our voltage drop.
    Thank for any help.

2. Ian1981

Ian1981 Forum Mentor

Tri rated cables

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  3. buzzlightyear

buzzlightyear please let me back in to the prison cell. Electrician's Arms

4. buzzlightyear

buzzlightyear please let me back in to the prison cell. Electrician's Arms

5. westward10

westward10 In echoed steps I walk across an empty dream. Staff Member Moderator

The OP has asked a question there is no need to drill him over his qualifications. The offending and now not relevant posts are gone.

6. Johnthefixer

Johnthefixer EF Member

No offence taken quite happy to be asked. my questions is more of a general enquiry, in case I have missed a type of cable that could be use. Your link to the cleveland trirated is for panel wiring cable is this not really suitable for laying on the ground in exposed areas?

7. westward10

Glad you understand but these questions can quickly throw a thread off course and at times stop new members pursuing the thread.
    Yes tri rated conductors would require additional protection.

8. Johnthefixer

Johnthefixer EF Member

so H07 rnf is the only option?

9. Rob

Rob Control System Engineer Respected Member

Tri rated isn't suitable unless the entire run is mechanically protected in trunking or similar.

10. westward10

Your options are very limited and HO7RNF offers the best option as it has good mechanical properties.

11. Johnthefixer

Johnthefixer EF Member

So sizing H07 RN-F for 600amp per phase at 50m laying on the ground.

12. westward10

You need to do some calculations taking volt drop into consideration but it will be 500 to 630mm. I would suggest contacting Cleveland or Eland cables for an accurate sizing.

13. TonyMitchell

TonyMitchell Electrician's Arms

50m is 340kg per single = 1.7t for the five!

14. essex

essex Forum Mentor

Have you considered dual feeder?

15. Johnthefixer

Johnthefixer EF Member

whats dual feeder?