Discuss Cables under concrete base or under screed? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

n180

-
Reaction score
The floor of the kitchen will be filled up with:

1) Concrete, on top of which will go
2) insulation with pipework for wet underfloor heating system, on top of which will go
3) screed.

Can the armoured cable run under the concrete base or does it always need to go above concrete base and under screed (in this case, along with insulation and wet heating system)?

Thanks in advance.

Are you suggesting singles in duct under concrete?

Is there any specific reg armoured cable under concrete goes against? Or is it just due to practicality purposes?

Nope nothing darker than asking why you are putting a particular cable under the flooring? Typically its an island unit in a kitchen.

Nope nothing darker than asking why you are putting a particular cable under the flooring? Typically its an island unit in a kitchen.

My apologies. After seeing so many dark answers over the years (perhaps more often than not) on this forum (not from yourself, just in general), I assumed the worst.

Yes, it's for kitchen Island.

My apologies. After seeing so many dark answers over the years (perhaps more often than not) on this forum (not from yourself, just in general), I assumed the worst.

Yes, it's for kitchen Island.

Why are you contemplating SWA?

There is no reason why the OP should not install SWA maybe compliance with being within 50mm of the surface of the floor to avoid protrusion of a nail/screw and the like into the floor although UFH is being installed be foolish to.

I would not cast it direct in your concrete,install i some ducting,watch thermal issues and piercing of moisture barriers ...and will you be preparing all courses of your meals on this island,is it just for deserts?

Reply to Cables under concrete base or under screed? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock