Discuss Cabling to mains water feature pump in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

geezza

-
Reaction score
Hi All,

Been asked to connect up a mains water feature which comes with a 10m rubber flex.
Just wondering if anyone else has done this and how they protected the cable to the pump from mechanical damage.

Thanks
Geezza

you could put it in copex ( all plastic to avoid metallic corrosion ). most don't bother unless there's danger of mechanical damage. nott good in a pirhana pool.

if buried, yes, but bear in mind the steel will corrode fairly quickly unless it's stainless. pvc tube with a bend or 3 is also an option.

Doesn't the PVC protect the steel... Isn't that the idea?

true, but in our climate, eventually it will rust. damp gets inside the copex. same with a IP66 box i have outside. the steel nut on the inside of the SWA gland is rusted on solid after only 5 years outside.

Good point, so you think this https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/BHSP20B.html
will provide enough protection, both mechanical and against corrosion
that will be as good as you'll get without spending a fortune. all depends on where the cable is buried. under slabs youonly need pvc, but where digging is possible, reinforced containment with warning tape 6" above is preferrable.

i have a similar set-up. IP rated ad. box. T/E directly in through wall. SWA out to shed, 2 flexes (under slabs in 20mm pvc) out, 1 to pump, other to lamp post. remote receiver inside ad. box. handset inside house. why get wet when i want them switched on?

...... and you don't even have to put your ale down Tel. You, sir, are living the life!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reply to Cabling to mains water feature pump in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, Merry Christmas to everyone, and apologies for talking work during the holidays😅 I have my first EV charger install job early in the New...
Replies
Views
Hi, thanks for reading this. Ive been asked to look at a job where the DNO connection (single phase 80A TT) is a long run to the final circuits...
Replies
Views
Hello. I'll apologize to start with as due to my lack of knowledge on the matter I'm likely to waffle a bit and call everything by the wrong name...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've got both a solar pv and an ashp system. The solar system also has 2 batteries and it's configured to fill the batteries first and then...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm nearly on my AM2 test and really enjoy the industrial side of things so I thought I'd learn by asking. I recently came across...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock