Discuss Caddy Maxi v Transit Connect L2 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi guys.
Its been a while since I posted.
I`m in the market for a new van and would welcome your thoughts.
I work in an area with lots of narrow alleys and archways to drive through so a small van ( with well thought out racking) is needed. I gave up on Vivaro sized vans when I found myself parking hundreds of yards away from jobs.
So the plan is either a high spec 1.6 Transit Connect LWB 2016 with the 1.6 115hp engine or a lower spec Caddy Maxi as my budget wont stretch to a highline.
I know the Caddy is a great van ( I have a SWB startline now) but I`m torn as I need to occasionally pick both kids up and having that extra little seat would be helpfull. Also I need to do some serious miles sometimes and aircon/Dab/bluetooth etc . would be great to have.
The Caddy I have a handle on but does anyone drive the 1.6 connect 115hp? If so how do you find it?

Last edited:
Looking in similar market IE, a smaller used van and I'd have to say I've never seen or read anything about the VW Caddy that justifies it's outrageous price tag; and what's with the glass panel rear doors! Surprisingly there very rude people who will borrow your tools without asking and not bring them back.

Good luck with your search.

Looking in similar market IE, a smaller used van and I'd have to say I've never seen or read anything about the VW Caddy that justifies it's outrageous price tag; and what's with the glass panel rear doors! Surprisingly there very rude people who will borrow your tools without asking and not bring them back
now which one will hold the price ,let me think about it .mmm. caddy, got one .

is a citroen dispatch/peugeot expert too big? if not, that's the one i'd go for.

is a citroen dispatch/peugeot expert too big? if not, that's the one i'd go for.
Must admit, that's where my hard -won Smarties money will go. Love the Caddy (silly glass doors apart) and the Ford BUT there loads of the little Berlingo's about for peanuts. Appalling customer service from Citroen but... I offer you this as a fine example of the ERR...whatever
Citroen Truck. Classic Pick Up Barn Find | eBay - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Citroen-Truck-Classic-Pick-Up-Barn-Find/372280356225?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D51001%26meid%3Db68d5c4a72c74c19bb7db74deb96c270%26pid%3D100675%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D15%26mehot%3Dpp%26sd%3D282934196488%26itm%3D372280356225&_trksid=p2481888.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=pageci%3A73ee55f0-4979-11e8-bd8f-74dbd180f656%7Cparentrq%3A030e58af1630aa11f1fec8fffff8f532%7Ciid%3A1

I have had my Connect L2 115 for 2.5 years from new.
I like it, i would probably have another. A few things niggle at me, the middle seat is a waste of time really. You wouldn't want to have 3 adults in there for more thsn 5 minutes.
More importantly, when pulling away, whether it is from standstill or rolling in 2nd, it can be really laggy.
Sometimes i have been caught out trying to pull out of a junction quickly and nothing is there.....nothing.....nothing.....nothing then the power comes.
I would try have a drive of both to conpare and see what you like.

I have had my Connect L2 115 for 2.5 years from new.
I like it, i would probably have another. A few things niggle at me, the middle seat is a waste of time really. You wouldn't want to have 3 adults in there for more thsn 5 minutes.
More importantly, when pulling away, whether it is from standstill or rolling in 2nd, it can be really laggy.
Sometimes i have been caught out trying to pull out of a junction quickly and nothing is there.....nothing.....nothing.....nothing then the power comes.
I would try have a drive of both to conpare and see what you like.

Thanks for your replies. Firstly residual values are not a big deal for me as I keep my vans for 5 years anyway.

As far as Citroen/Peugeot and all their offspring I`m afraid I`ve had nothing but trouble from them when I`ve owned them in the past. I wont buy any French van.

My last French based van was the Renault engined Vivaro. A complete nightmare. Injectors kept going but only after they had chemically welded themselves to the head. A grand every time. Never again. Before that a berlingo which blew a turbo and had collapsible suspension. Not to mention the internal trim that kept falling off.

I`ve decided to give the Transit connect L2 Limited a go. Always a gamble but I appreciate all your advice. Thanks

Thanks for your replies. Firstly residual values are not a big deal for me as I keep my vans for 5 years anyway.

As far as Citroen/Peugeot and all their offspring I`m afraid I`ve had nothing but trouble from them when I`ve owned them in the past. I wont buy any French van.

My last French based van was the Renault engined Vivaro. A complete nightmare. Injectors kept going but only after they had chemically welded themselves to the head. A grand every time. Never again. Before that a berlingo which blew a turbo and had collapsible suspension. Not to mention the internal trim that kept falling off.

I`ve decided to give the Transit connect L2 Limited a go. Always a gamble but I appreciate all your advice. Thanks

Reply to Caddy Maxi v Transit Connect L2 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net