Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Calculate this. Just got this letter emailed to me... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Vortigern

Vortigern Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    F.H. Electrical
    Errr I am going to contact the guy in the letter. This is not a new supply they have been supplying the place for 30 years to my knowledge. But do they really expect me to calculate the load on maybe 70 DBs and then apply diversity to 66 different businesses??? Bit of a tall order unless I am missing something? And then divide by PF to to get Kva I suppose I think I am getting a bit of a head ache.

2. Pete999

Pete999 Trusted Advisor

Top Poster Of Month

Can you upload the letter?

3. SWD

SWD Gender neutral Electrician's Arms

Charge then £150k for your time and take the rest of the year off.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Wilko

Wilko Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Wilko Electrics
    That's the fee, and the answer is add it all up and divide by 20, so 70 x 100A /20 = 350A, say 150A per phase at 0.8pf . That'll be 10% of the £150k please Vort :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Vortigern

Business Name:
    F.H. Electrical
    Oh yeh upload the file, that might help, funny thought I had nvm. Thanks for the answer @Wilko@Wilko but as you know in the spirit of the forum it is here for FREE advice don't forget.:cool:

Attached Files:

6. Wilko

Wilko Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Wilko Electrics
    Ok, but I will shorten the warranty period...

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Wilko

Wilko Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Wilko Electrics
    Sounds like DNO are trying to gather more demand info from customers and any change triggers off the request, because it's got nothing to do with 1/2 hour billing as such (?)

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Leesparkykent

Leesparkykent You Rock Gmes Staff Member Trusted Advisor

Monitor it for a week then you will find out the maximum demand after diversity.

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. Vortigern

Business Name:
    F.H. Electrical
    Now that is a great idea, any ideas on monitors or just hire one.

10. Leesparkykent

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    save a shilling. just note meter reading now, and again after 1 week. simple maths concerning hours and leccy used.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Leesparkykent

What Amp is the supply?

13. Vortigern

Business Name:
    F.H. Electrical
    Brilliant!

14. Vortigern

Business Name:
    F.H. Electrical
    Good question, I can't see into the boxes supplying the whole site. There is one main box and three subs to three different buildings, could take a look tomorrow to see if I can glean what is in there. May post a piccy. I am just trying to find the main supply in 300 pages of EICR may not be successful. Why is it you ask? to work out the Kva?

15. Leesparkykent

If your business or organization is classified as Code 5 you should receive an electricity bill with itemized consumption figures at half-hour intervals. Usually the meter readings themselves are not included. The bill shows how much electricity is used at specific times as well as the cost of the electricity which is supplied during specific periods.

I don't know what happens if you go out of the scope of your authorised supply capacity..Do you get charged more for the KVA exceeded or is the authorised supply capacity averaged out over a period of time? If it's the former you want to be pretty accurate as you don't want to paying for more ASC than what you need but on the other hand you don't want to be using more than the ASC as the price per KVA is triple of what you are normally paying per KVA.

16. Leesparkykent

Because if it's the lower end of the scale you can buy three phase energy monitors that you clamp round then you can access all the data via an app or online. A bit like the owl intuition energy monitors. By the sounds of it though it won't be any good to you. It's just a cheap way of load monitoring a supply but think the max is 200A per phase.

• Like Like x 1
  17. SWD

SWD Gender neutral Electrician's Arms

Won't be much,

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. buzzlightyear

buzzlightyear Electrician's Arms

delete

• Creative Creative x 1
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  19. ImpededLoop

ImpededLoop Electrician's Arms

If the meter has already been changed to a half hourly meter, you should be able to scroll through the different screens, one of which will be maximum demand.

Consider any winter or seasonal loads that may increase the maximum demand from what has already been measured.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Vortigern

Business Name:
    F.H. Electrical
    Mhmm that sounds pretty serious and potentially expensive. I did not know that! Think I will have to have a serious chat with the man in the letter and get clued in to the implications cost wise for the client. Think this has just been sprung on the client and they haven't a clue as to what it is or what is being asked hence handed to me another clueless person in the chain of human incompetence. (NOT!)

• Like Like x 1