Discuss Calculate this. Just got this letter emailed to me... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

T

The Ghost

Errr I am going to contact the guy in the letter. This is not a new supply they have been supplying the place for 30 years to my knowledge. But do they really expect me to calculate the load on maybe 70 DBs and then apply diversity to 66 different businesses??? Bit of a tall order unless I am missing something? And then divide by PF to to get Kva I suppose I think I am getting a bit of a head ache.

Oh yeh upload the file, that might help, funny thought I had nvm. Thanks for the answer @Wilko but as you know in the spirit of the forum it is here for FREE advice don't forget.:cool:

Attachments

• EBCpowerreqletter.pdf
    287.3 KB · Views: 124
What Amp is the supply?
Good question, I can't see into the boxes supplying the whole site. There is one main box and three subs to three different buildings, could take a look tomorrow to see if I can glean what is in there. May post a piccy. I am just trying to find the main supply in 300 pages of EICR may not be successful. Why is it you ask? to work out the Kva?

Brilliant!

If your business or organization is classified as Code 5 you should receive an electricity bill with itemized consumption figures at half-hour intervals. Usually the meter readings themselves are not included. The bill shows how much electricity is used at specific times as well as the cost of the electricity which is supplied during specific periods.

I don't know what happens if you go out of the scope of your authorised supply capacity..Do you get charged more for the KVA exceeded or is the authorised supply capacity averaged out over a period of time? If it's the former you want to be pretty accurate as you don't want to paying for more ASC than what you need but on the other hand you don't want to be using more than the ASC as the price per KVA is triple of what you are normally paying per KVA.

Good question, I can't see into the boxes supplying the whole site. There is one main box and three subs to three different buildings, could take a look tomorrow to see if I can glean what is in there. May post a piccy. I am just trying to find the main supply in 300 pages of EICR may not be successful. Why is it you ask? to work out the Kva?
Because if it's the lower end of the scale you can buy three phase energy monitors that you clamp round then you can access all the data via an app or online. A bit like the owl intuition energy monitors. By the sounds of it though it won't be any good to you. It's just a cheap way of load monitoring a supply but think the max is 200A per phase.

If the meter has already been changed to a half hourly meter, you should be able to scroll through the different screens, one of which will be maximum demand.

Consider any winter or seasonal loads that may increase the maximum demand from what has already been measured.

more than the ASC as the price per KVA is triple of what you are normally paying per KVA.
Mhmm that sounds pretty serious and potentially expensive. I did not know that! Think I will have to have a serious chat with the man in the letter and get clued in to the implications cost wise for the client. Think this has just been sprung on the client and they haven't a clue as to what it is or what is being asked hence handed to me another clueless person in the chain of human incompetence. (NOT!)

Reply to Calculate this. Just got this letter emailed to me... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock