Discuss Call out fees & prices thereafter. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Fitzy

-
Arms
Reaction score
Had my first ever call out today, but didn’t have a clue what to charge for a call out fee! Was only there an hour, found the problem and need to back to finish the job as I need to cut a small hole in the ceiling. So I just charged them £50 for the hour I was there.

What is a rough figure for a call out & included time and hour to price from there on in?

With reactive jobs it really does depend on how good you are and what you achieve in the time to how much you can charge and be fair to the customer/client

Unless I am reading this wrong have you charged them £50 for turning up finding what is wrong then going back to do the job or have you already started the job and charged them £50 for the work you have done within that hour.

Unless I am reading this wrong have you charged them £50 for turning up finding what is wrong then going back to do the job or have you already started the job and charged them £50 for the work you have done within that hour.

I was there for an hour & half fault finding, found what I believe was the fault (on lighting circuit in downstairs toilet), customer was going out at 5pm, so agreed for me to come back to compete the repair. Didn’t know what to charge them. When I go back I will adjust fee accordingly. Had already told customer my fee was £50 per hour and they agreed to that over the phone. When I invoice the the job I will say that’s the call out fee or part of it was.

Wow, very informative and positive contribution there MDJ. How to make friends and influence people.
Well come on fella, you already charged them and then asked for our rates, come on, your running your business we are not, apologies for the first reply, I was a bit out of order, sorry mate, now pull yourself together and stick with your rates, you know what your doing don't you?

Well come on fella, you already charged them and then asked for our rates, come on, your running your business we are not, apologies for the first reply, I was a bit out of order, sorry mate, now pull yourself together and stick with your rates, you know what your doing don't you?

Apology accepted. :)

I wasn’t actually asking for anyone’s actual rates they charge, just a rough idea of what a call out fee should cover etc. Could’ve worded first post a bit better to be honest.

Where im from outside of Norwich, normally a hours travel to the call out. £78 covers the travel and first hour on site.

More than a fair rate for the travel involved.

Myself I'm at £45 for the first hour, but my area is very tightly packed. I'd be surprised if I've travelled more than a few miles to any callout in the last few years.

Reply to Call out fees & prices thereafter. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net