Discuss Came across this today ....... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

magnoliafan89

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Got sent to a house today to remove a supply to a shed down the bottom of the garden...maybe 20m away from board. Went out the 32a breaker in 6mm t and e jointed under a floorboard to 2.5mm armoured,down a wall to the outside and then under the garden. Entered the shed through a drilled hole and the earth into the banjo is just wedged into the hole.
4 double sockets lighting circuit and not sure what the 16a inside was for. But there was a pond powered off it whether that was the plugged in or the 16a.
As you can imagine she wasnt best pleased when we told her we were disconnecting it and it had to go.

20180427_090555.jpg

20180427_091311.jpg

20180427_091733.jpg

20180427_091833.jpg

20180427_091842.jpg

20180427_091710.jpg

Nic
Got sent to a house today to remove a supply to a shed down the bottom of the garden...maybe 20m away from board. Went out the 32a breaker in 6mm t and e jointed under a floorboard to 2.5mm armoured,down a wall to the outside and then under the garden. Entered the shed through a drilled hole and the earth into the banjo is just wedged into the hole.
4 double sockets lighting circuit and not sure what the 16a inside was for. But there was a pond powered off it whether that was the plugged in or the 16a.
As you can imagine she wasnt best pleased when we told her we were disconnecting it and it had to go.

View attachment 41949

View attachment 41951

View attachment 41952

View attachment 41953

View attachment 41954

View attachment 41955
e tidy job that:thumbsdown::tongue::mad:

Was done in 2011 by an outside contractor...dont wanna say the name as it may land me in trouble but lets just say it was a Gloucester based company. They did a lot of our places before we did and we constantly find problems with their work....like another board that theyd flipped upside down...and i mean actually upside down breakers and all because theyd used too short a cables for the tails coming up

Was done in 2011 by an outside contractor...dont wanna say the name as it may land me in trouble but lets just say it was a Gloucester based company. They did a lot of our places before we did and we constantly find problems with their work....like another board that theyd flipped upside down...and i mean actually upside down breakers and all because theyd used too short a cables for the tails coming up

I would say fitting a board upside down is a big no no for a few reasons, power switches now must not be able to energise a circuit or load by accident like an object falling down on them, that is why they design flip switches for power as ON in the up position and OFF in the down position... also if the board is upside down the electric could leak out :rolleyes:

Reply to Came across this today ....... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net