Discuss Can anyone help on mutiple meter standing charges in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi

Im totally confused and wondered if there any electricians who could explain and if there any way out of it.

Im trying to switch electrical suppliers and been told that on the national database there are two meters showing at the address and that if I was to switch I would be charged 2 standing charges . My current suppliers have me on a 3rd meter???

Ive only got 1 meter in the house but it does say on the meter "property of lowri beck services ltd"

Can I get out of this as I do not see why I have to pay 2 standing charges for 1 electricial supply.

Thanks

thumbnail_IMG_1882.jpg

What type of property is it, How do you heat the property and what tariff are you on now (Economy 7, THTC etc)?

If it's a block of flats its quite likely the other 2 meters belong to other flats.
You've got a 2 rate meter with switched offpeak output for the storage heaters, you don't need any other meters.
Do as suggested in the previous post.

Make a complaint, if you think their wrong.

I moved into a new build property. The electric meter was owned by my energy supplier, but they didn't know who owned the gas meter. Waited for 2 months for them to get back to me, they still couldn't find out who owned it; so I was told to make a complaint. In the meantime, I was sent a letter saying, I could make a complaint about my complaint to the energy ombudsman! Four months later, they said they owned it, and now I could start paying for my gas.

Make a complaint, if you think their wrong.

I moved into a new build property. The electric meter was owned by my energy supplier, but they didn't know who owned the gas meter. Waited for 2 months for them to get back to me, they still couldn't find out who owned it; so I was told to make a complaint. In the meantime, I was sent a letter saying, I could make a complaint about my complaint to the energy ombudsman! Four months later, they said they owned it, and now I could start paying for my gas.
Hope they didn't charge you for the four months.

Hi,Eon,did this with my folks.They originally had two separate meters,one on a time clock,which all subsequent suppliers saw as two different MPN numbers,and thought were two supplies.

This instigated a 3 month,Abott and Costello comedy routine,which sorely tested my legendary patience,and terminated with the ombudsman finding in our favour - twice:rolleyes:

Don't give up,don't lose your temper,don't fail to keep accurate records,and don't pay them anything until they sort it:)

Reply to Can anyone help on mutiple meter standing charges in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net